UNIVERSAL GOD: Message of Peace
Do I struggle with obsessional thoughts? Do I allow these thoughts to control my speech and behaviour? Have I lost control over my Mind or do I choose to be addicted to thinking what I think?
Are my thoughts guided by what I see? Or is what I see guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by what I hear? Or is what I hear guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by what I smell? Or is my smell guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by what I touch? Or is what I touch guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by what I taste? Or is what I taste guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by what I Know? Or is what I know guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by what I Love? Or is what I Love guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by what I Desire? Or is what I Desire guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by what I speak? Or is my speech guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by what I build? or is what I build guided by my thoughts?
Are my thoughts guided by my free will? Or is my free-will guided by my thoughts?
Is my action present in my thought before my action takes place? Or do I act on mere instinct before thinking? What is in control of my thought and behaviour- my Animal instinct or my Human Attributes?
Do my thoughts belong to my body/brain? Or do they belong to my Creator/Higher Will? Does my Free Will belong to my body? Or does the Will of my Maker have Power over the will of my body? How does it make me feel to imagine that my thoughts are not my own? That my thoughts in the present are in fact recorded and predestined from the beginning of time? Am I afraid of losing control? What makes me feel afraid of letting go of the need to rely on my physical brain? Is it my Ego?
Is my Brain a vessel for Higher thought in order that it should have positive impact on my body? Or is my cup full? What happens when water is static? What happens to the water within my brain that is not constantly flowing? Does it not become diseased and cause decay and illness to my mind, body and spirit? How can my cup continue to be filled with Higher Wisdom if I do not let the knowledge flow through me? What use are my thoughts to me if they do not help the rest of my body/humanity? How can my mind be filled with thoughts that benefit the body, if I do not let go of the thoughts which no longer serve their Higher Purpose/cause harm? Must I readily and continually sacrifice/speak/bring into physical action my current understanding of truth in order to make space for a truth that is Higher than me to Be?
Are my thoughts controlled by my animal desires? Which of my desires control my mind: My selfish ego, lust, vengeance, envy, sloth, greed and gluttony? Or are my thoughts driven by my selfless Higher Will that seeks The Pleasure of my Creator through Justice, Peace, Truth and Love?
How do my obsessional thoughts make me feel? Do they bring me a feeling of joy and delight? of Peace? of Hope? of Faith? or do my thoughts make me feel frightened? guilty? ashamed? doubtful? disgusted/ing? Hopeless? Depressed? Anxious? Angry? Jealous? Lustful? Greedy? How does this impact my relationship with my Creator and the rest of creation? Does it build Peace or cause destruction? Does it allow the flow of Mercy/kindness or the flow of Vengeance/Wrath?
How do my obsessional thoughts affect my behaviour? Do they lead me to speak words of and behave in a way that brings forth honesty, integrity, peace, love, unity, mercy, compassion, forgiveness, patience, humility, hope, perseverance, commitment, balance, Justice? Or do they lead me to acting in ways of vanity, vengeance, anger, arrogance, self-glorification, control, oppression, corruption, division, and chaos? Do my thoughts bring me to building more peaceful relationships or do they lead to destruction/breakdown of my relationships?
Do I feel enslaved by my obsessional thoughts about past traumatic events? How can I be set free from the bitterness and pain of my past that my obsessional thoughts cause me to experience? How does my obsession with thinking about past events affect my ability to Live in the present and become who I want to Be? How can gaining insight/wisdom from my past (in order to apply into the Present and future) help me to let go of the parts of my past that no longer serve my Higher Purpose?
Is new knowledge really 'new?' or I am just remembering what I forgot of old?
Do I feel enslaved by my obsessional thoughts about the Future? Do I waste my time worrying about what might happen tomorrow? How does my obsession with trying to control the future affect my ability to truly Live in and enjoy the Present? How can I be released from the pain of worrying about what might Be that is beyond my control? How does my choosing to fulfil my lower will rather than my Higher Will, prevent me from 'letting go' of the need to control Tomorrow? Will I refuse to Surrender? What prevents me from surrendering other than my ego, doubt and false fears?
Do I feel enslaved by my obsessional thoughts about 'Judgement?' Do I seek to be the King of Justice? Or does Justice belong to my Creator? Is my desire to be 'right' more than my desire to make 'peace' between the masculine and feminine aspects of Who I Am? Do I pass harsh judgement upon others because I believe myself to be better than others? Am I always correct in my judgement upon my brethren? Am I always correct to label others as 'pure' and 'impure' or does my Mind deceive me? How can I see purity in others if I myself have impure thoughts? How will I ever break free from accusing others wrongly, and slandering parts of Myself/others unless I surrender my Mind to the Highest Intelligence of all- To be One with the Mind of my Maker by striving to emulate His Beautiful Attributes of with Good intention, thought, speech and action- Kindness? Forgiveness? Gratitude? Patience? Mercy? Love? Humility? Perseverance? Commitment? Chastity? Compassion? Integrity/Truthfulness?
Did I create myself? How can I be both creation and Creator at the same time? Am I The Giver or the receiver? The Father or the Son? The Husband or the Wife? The Teacher or the Student? The Master or the servant? Am I able not to 'see' the father in the son and the son in the Father? The Teacher in the student and the student in the Teacher ? The Master in the servant and the servant in the Teacher? The Husband in the wife and the wife in the Husband? Am I not able to see the up in the down and the down in the up? The east in the west and the west in the east? The north in the south and the south in the north? The light in the darkness and the darkness in the light? The night in the day and the day in the night? The sun in the moon and the moon in the sun? The Higher Will in the lower will and the lower will in the Higher Will? The Higher Thought in the lower thought and the lower thought in the Higher Thought? Am I able to see the blessing in the curse and the curse in the blessing? Am I able to see wisdom in my obsessional thoughts and the obsessional thoughts in wisdom? How can seeking Creator within creation and creation within Creator help me to Unite my Higher and lower self, unite Heaven and earth, unite masculine and feminine and discover/reveal who I Am and who I Will Be?
Do I feel enslaved by my obsessional thoughts about 'what others think of me?' Do I choose to live my life according to the desires of those around me, even if it goes against what I believe to be True? Do I suppress the expression of my Creator/Wisdom in order to please creation? Do I prefer to be a reflection of falsehood, rather than a reflection of Truth? How can I sanctify the Name of my Creator and fulfil my True Higher Purpose unless my outer beauty/external garments/speech and behaviour are a true reflection of my inner Truth/Beauty/of thought and Higher Will?
Are my thoughts/emotions in opposition to one another? Do I feel there is a battle in my brain/heart between various voices? Does one side of me invite to Reality and the other to Delusion? Do I get lost in the battle and lose judgement of right and wrong? Am I fighting fire with fire? Or must I use Water to extinguish the Fire? How can seeking help from my Creator and making space in my Mind for Higher Truth/Knowledge/Wisdom/Understanding (by Remembering and trusting in the Help of my Creator as much as possible with my heart's mind), help to extinguish/resist/rise above/recognise/transform the false promises that my mind/heart whispers to me?
Are my thoughts feeding from the Tree of Life or the Tree of knowledge of good and evil? What is the Source of my Mind? From where do I choose to eat? The Holy or unholy? Pure or impure? Is my intention which drives my mind- to serve my Higher or lower will? To serve my Creator or myself? Is the desire of my lower self One (animal nature) with the Desire of my Higher Self ( Spirit of Truth) or will my lower self reject and turn away from Higher Truth even after it has recognised it's Authority? What is it other than arrogance or ignorance that causes the war of the mind, preventing me from perceiving True Inner Peace? How can I ever escape from fulfilling my Higher Purpose either willingly or unwillingly? Is it not only the experience of Destruction instead of Peace that I choose to partake in when I refuse and disobey? How can seeking help and guidance from my Maker help me to overcome the arrogance and ignorance of my lower self in order that I Return to perceiving True Reality with my Mind's Eye?
How do my obsessional thoughts affect my ability to find inner Peace? Must I switch of my mind in order to find true peace? Or must I find ways to get the right level of 'balance' of thought that enables me to think, speak and behave in Ways of Higher Peace? How can a change in my 'Intention/will' help my mind think in a way that is more 'positive' and 'creative' rather than 'negative' and 'destructive?'
Are my negative obsessional thoughts coming from a place of conscious or unconscious awareness? How can God-consciousness help me to discover and extract the wisdom from my obsessional thoughts which taunt and overwhelm me so that my conscious mind can inspire my unconscious mind to reveal its own light? How can Reason and intellect help me reveal the Truth of the part of me that is beyond reason and intellect? Perhaps I could start by pondering, instead of mocking..
How does my understanding of 'success' affect my train of thought? How does my ego affect my understanding of what 'success' means to me? Do I seek to succeed in 'losing' myself or 'finding' myself? Do I seek only my own success or the success of others? Do I seek to succeed in Returning Home to Peace or getting lost in despair? Do I seek to succeed in finding Light or Darkness? revealing Truth or falsehood? Discovering Reality or delusion? Do I seek to succeed in 'self-glorification' or in 'glorifying my Creator'? Do I seek to succeed in this worldly life, or in the Hereafter? Do I seek to succeed in falling or rising? in Death or Life?
Perhaps I must lose myself in order to find myself? Perhaps I must succeed myself in order to help others succeed? Perhaps I must get lost in despair before I Return Home? Perhaps I must know the darkness in order to find the Light? Perhaps I must experience falsehood in order to recognise Truth? Perhaps I must live a life of delusion in order to appreciate True Reality? Perhaps in serving creation I in fact serve The Creator? Perhaps my success in the Hereafter is related to my success in this worldly life? Perhaps my Fall can also be successful? For how can I truly Rise if I do not fall? How can I truly Live if I do not return to the dust?
Must I go 'down' in order to go 'up'? Must I go 'up' in order to come 'down?' For what is the purpose of the Mind's eye if not to reveal the Heart's Eye? And what is the purpose of the heart's Eye if not to reveal the Mind's 'Eye?' How can seeking Truth, and Wisdom through Prayer, self-reflection and meditation (on the Attributes of my Creator) help me to go up? How can acts of loving kindness help me to go down in order that I may better 'Understand'?
Who Am I? Am I Soul? Mind? Spirit? Body? Does my 'success' in self-discovery depend on the ability of allowing the The Spirit of Truth within in my Living Soul to direct my Mind and use my body as a vehicle/living sacrifice/tool/vessel to help reveal the Light in the Dark Space of my own Mind? How can seeking Higher Truth using my Mind, and allowing my Desire for Justice, Love, Truth and Peace to drive my train of thought, help me to discover and reveal the unknown parts of myself to myself and others?
Is everything I think- really true? Is Reality defined by what I think? If so- then why do I make room for negativity in my mind? How can Faith, Trust in my Creator, Gratitude, Compassion and Forgiveness help me to let go/transform of the negativity which clouds my perception of Reality?
Do I see what I choose to see with my mind's eye? Do I 'choose' to see 'curses' instead of 'blessings?' Do I 'choose' to see 'evil' instead of 'good' in everything around me? Do my thoughts truly reflect the 'other side' unto me, or the true 'me' unto the 'others?' How much freedom in thought do I really have? How much of my freedom to 'think' truly belongs to 'me?' Surely, the more I surrender my ego to the Will of my maker, and sacrifice 'my' thoughts for 'His' Thoughts which are Higher than mine, the more I can 'think' more freely (Like water flowing through a rock, or Light through a Crystal prism)? What is it other than 'myself' that blocks my train of thought/Head from feeding/quenching the thirst of/healing/leading the rest of my body in perfect harmony and peace?
Is there a 'veil' over my Mind which blocks me from perceiving/revealing Higher Truth? Do my negative thoughts attack my Faith and does 'doubt' block my perception/revelation of my Creator? How can this veil be removed? Must I see Miracles in order to be convinced? How can self-purification help me remove the dirt from the water that covers my senses? How can 'fasting' from thoughts of 'lust, greed, envy, hatred, anger/vengeance, sloth, gluttony' help to peel away the bitter peel, and break the rock that prevents the rivers of Eden from flowing through me? Perhaps fasting (during sunlight hours) from food and drink will help me to discover the Food and Drink of Heaven that is within the reach of my Heart and Mind?
How can I ever discover the hidden truths of the unknown if I do not face my fear and walk alone with my Creator and break through the difficult paths? Am I afraid to draw close to the Fire? To Face the Tiger? The Snake? The Wolf? The Bear? The Scorpions? How can I overcome my false fears and delusions of my mind unless I Truly Trust in/and become One with ( in Will) my Maker Who is The Source of both darkness and light? Can I do it without Mercy from my Maker? What will make me feel 'protected' and 'shielded' from the threats of my perceived enemies in Life?
Does my mind ever play tricks on me? Can I sincerely rely on my own understanding of truth or do my thoughts deceive me into believing falsehood to be truth? Do I refuse to surrender to a Will that is Higher than my own? Do I believe that there is no Will or understanding that is Higher than mine? Do I believe that I know better than my Creator? Why do I believe my understanding of truth to be Higher than the truth of anyone else?
Can I rely on my own brain to decide what is false and what is truth? Can I rely that my own brain will be correct in distinguishing pure from impure? Holy and unholy? Higher will and lower will? Will of Heaven and will of earth? Will of the Higher Self Vs will of the lower self? Has our mind (of the physical body) got a mind of its own or is there a Mind (of the Spirit of Truth) that is Higher than it? Does mankind not go astray without guidance from Above?
Is my Ego in control? Am I a god beside my Creator? Am I self-sufficient? Is there anything HIgher than me? How can sacrificing my Ego and so letting go of my desire to rely on my own understanding, enable me to Surrender to a Will and Understanding that is Higher than me? How can seeking Higher Truth, with humble Submission to the Higher Will of my Creator (within me) enable me to be freed from the suffering, pain and misery caused by the negative emotions related to my urge to change the past and control the future?
How can I transform the addictive destructive nature of my thoughts into an addictive creative nature in a way that has a positive, healing, revealing, uniting impact on my relationships with my Creator and others around me: and help to Unite the Will of Heaven and earth? How can Surrender to the Will of my Creator help me to Become the 'Word' of my Maker ("Be!") that flows from His Thought according to 'His' Desire/Will through my sincerity in seeking to Sanctify His Name?
Can I be saved from my addictive negative thoughts unless I seek Refuge in my Creator from the whispers of Satan within my Mind? What prevents me from seeking refuge? Do I doubt the Protective Power of My Creator Who has created everything in Pairs/opposites? What is the Womb that protects me from my twin?
Must I escape from my twin by clouding my consciousness with intoxicants and strong drink? Must I protect my Higher Self from my lower self by escaping into the wilderness? Of what purpose is this except that I only deceive myself with delusion? What will help me find the courage to face my twin (face to face) within our shared space in order that I may be a good example unto him, and perhaps inspire him to join me once again in Peace and Return to the Place from which came/belong? Is my twin not the other half of myself? Does our Mother not love us both? Does our father desire to separate us? How can a temporary separation of purity from impurity enable water to be transformed into wine?
How can I gain the necessary wisdom from my obsessional thoughts, that can then help me to break free from the confines of my own Mind and enter into hidden realms of Reality that I never knew before? How can this search for hidden wisdom in the darkness of my thought, enable my Spirit of Truth to Rise and be Master over my thoughts speech and action in ways of Peace? How can allowing myself to enter the Train of Peace help me rise above my fears, anxieties, despair, sorrow, doubts, hopelessness, and sacrifice my evil inclinations to transform darkness to light/ reveal to myself and others around me the light of my Creator within the darkness of my mind?
How can my physical obedience to Higher Law ( given through Scripture) guide and strengthen (with Faith) my Mind and heart to the fear and love of God and my fellow human being? How can treating others how I want to be treated, help to release me from the negative obsessional thoughts which attack my mind and lead me astray from Truth? How can sincerity in seeking Help from my Maker (directly, without associating partners with Him) with Humility, and self-purification; through seeking Higher knowledge wisdom and understanding, establishing regular prayer/meditation ( meditating on the Attributes of my Creator) and performing regular charity/acts of sacrifice enable my heart to perceive/reveal to myself and others- my True Love for my Creator and creation so that I can serve God with Joy and Inner peace? How can this free me from my addiction to obsessional thoughts that cause destruction to my relationship with my Creator, myself and those around me? How can the oft-Remembrance of my Creator within me, and Surrendering to the path of Higher Truth- help me to direct my thoughts in a way that produces good speech and behaviour so that I can become a Vessel for the Beautiful Attributes of God to shine through me and sanctify the Name of my Creator whom I choose to Serve? How can this help to bring Peace and Unity unto the Worlds?
What are Obsessional Thoughts?
Negative obsessional thoughts are sometimes described as 'dark' repetitive recurrent unwelcome, intrusive thoughts or urges which produce feelings of fear, anxiety, depression and emotional chaos.
We could perhaps choose to describe 'Dark' obsessional thoughts as those which 'carry' 'negative' energy because they have the potential to trigger within our selves to Remember' the 'lower' side/self of ourselves which has potential to cause harm to both ourselves and others by destroying our relationship (or perception of Oneness) with our Creator and between the pairs (masculine and feminine within Creation) ; through our distress, fear, anxiety, pain, sorrow, despair, doubt, self-worthlessness, guilt, shame, ego, envy, lust, greed, vengeance, suspicion, hatred, feelings of separateness, loneliness, low mood, etc
Unless we can find a way of subduing these dark thoughts, or transforming them by inviting in more light (from the outside) or from within -discovering (the hidden light within the darkness) and creating positive ones/thoughts;- unless we can do this - the negative energy that is carried in the dark forces of thought can have a huge destructive impact on our state of physical, emotional mental and spiritual wellbeing and can even result in the person speaking or behaving in a way that is not in line with who we truly Are and What we really desire to Become. They cover over our senses of vision, hearing and understanding and change our perception and experience of True Reality into a false delusion. Unless we gain mastery over our minds in a way that our (creation) will is surrendered to and One with the will of our Creator - we will always be prisoners of within matrix of our mind that is an illusion/delusion created by our human free will (choosing to rely on our own understanding/image instead of taking a leap of faith into the Unknown)
On the other hand; we could choose to describe 'Light' obsessional thoughts as those which trigger within our selves to Remember : our ways of Peace: Oneness/Unity, joy, hope, love, humility, tranquility, patience, forgiveness, gratitude, compassion, justice, courage, perseverance, honesty, Integrity, commitment, loyalty, Strength, purity, etc..
The Light can be perceived by us as Master of the space of 'dark thoughts' within the matrix of our mind- when we let go of our ego, and accept that the 'The LORD is our God; The LORD is One.' When we willingly surrender our will, and are willing to sacrifice the destructive and temporary desires of our 'lower self/body' in order to fulfil the creative and Eternal Higher Will of our Higher Self/ when the will of our Higher Self is One with the Will of our Creator. When we choose to desire that which our Creator chooses to desire, and we choose to become that which our Creator desires us to Become, - we create space in our Mind for the Will of our Creator to Reveal His Ways of Peace/Light/positive creative thought; and guide us out from our imprisonment/enslavement to our inner pharaohs//negative destructive thought.
So while some may be having obsessional 'dark thoughts' others may become obsessive about their 'light thoughts' - is it healthy to go to any of these extremes? Or should we aim to find the right 'balance' between the light and the dark content of the thought patterns which we choose to let into our minds?
So once we come to accept that our Creator is Truth, and that there is no Reality other than Truth: then we accept that the Unknown Truth, is One with the Known Truth, and the Knower of Truth is One with the Knowledge of Truth. The Unknown All Knowing Source of Truth is our Creator (from the perspective of the creation) (who works through our subconscious and conscious space/time/thought) and the 'known knowledge' of His Word of Truth is the Created Being (who is created from the Word of The Creator; when He says "Be!" it is/becomes). The Unknown part of our Mind (the unconscious) hides the Light of our Creator within it, just as potential Light is hidden within the darkness as 'wisdom'. The power of Higher Will/Source of Truth has the ability to create Light from within the darkness through wisdom, and something from nothing. So the more we seek to know ourselves, the more we get closer to knowing our Creator. The more we seek to knowing our Creator, the more we get closer to knowing ourselves.
What is the Higher Purpose of Obsessional thought?
How can we have Passion without being obsessive? How can we truly 'Desire' something or someone- unless we 'obsessively' think about them? What we obsess over is either a true or false reflection of our deepest desires. When we are feeling 'disturbed' by our obsessive thoughts- could it be because our obsessive thoughts are not in line with what we truly deeply 'Desire' in our Heart? For is it not true that what each of us truly deeply desires is our Beloved?- our Created/Higher Self to rule over our created/lower self- like a Husband who rules over a wife? Is What we truly deeply desire is in fact to be loved unconditionally, and to love unconditionally, and to Unite our masculine and feminine sides together again, and Return to our Home of Peace (Our Creator) together as One (Unite Creator with creation) . For what can heaven create without the earth? What can sprout forth from a seed into a Tree- without the fertile soil? What is Day without the Night? What is the Sun without the moon? and the moon without the sun? What is the purpose of the Stars if there is no darkness? Our Obsessional thoughts (if guided by our reason and intellect in search of Higher Truth and Wisdom) can help us to reflect upon ourselves, and creation, and help us to see our Creator in Everything. So the Higher Purpose of selfish Obsessive thoughts is to bring us to find the hidden wisdom within the darkness of its thought- and finally be able to willingly 'sacrifice' our worldly selfish desires in order to fulfil the Higher Desire of our Maker- to become more selflessly Obsessed/In Love with our Creator- in order to worship Him (with sweet patience and gratitude) while travelling and lighting up the infinite paths of Higher knowledge wisdom and understanding. But the wife must be careful not to worship the husband instead of/or as a god beside her Creator, and the husband must be careful not to worship the wife as a 'god' beside his Creator. When the husband obeys His Master (Creator: who Provides to and through him), and the wife obeys her master in order that she may receive from him (husband: who is a loyal servant/messenger of his Creator), the Message of Peace is able to 'come down' and be revealed through the fertile lands and reach the far corners of the earth. Those areas of falsehood that the message reaches, must either willingly submit and serve, or must be compelled to obey unwillingly, or be destroyed/expelled by the Light of Truth. Some may turn away and flee from the message- further into exile and darkness where they hide in a temporary delusion. But with time, all Light within the darkness of the Mind will become revealed and Shine the Glory of our Maker- Lord of the Worlds. HIs Word, will be One with our word. Our spoken word will transform the worlds and invite/return lost souls into the kingdom of Peace (by the Will of God).
Obsessive thoughts -whether negative/destructive or positive/creative in nature- occur for a good reason. They occur either to imprison us or to set us free. To enable us to see more clearly, or to blur our senses of Reality.
Our dark/negative/destructive thoughts can feel as though we are being 'prosecuted' in self- Judgement. We allow these negative thoughts into our minds when we ourselves seek to be 'judgemental' of others. When we look unto others with a 'bad/evil' eye- then the same evil/bad eye looks unto us. The more we use bad speech, and disobey our Creator using our limbs/physical bodies- the wider our gates of Hell will open to allow in more negative and destructive/dark thoughts to rule over us. With these thoughts come potential to create more evil. With these thoughts come the potential to cause further harm and destruction within the realms of both the physical and spiritual Realities (if our Creator permits).
Our light/positive/creative thoughts can feel as though we are being granted 'Mercy' and 'Protection' and 'Peace' in self- Judgment. We allow these positive thoughts to guide us and instruct us and teach us how to to 'see' God with our physical senses, when we choose to use our physical senses to look for the best in others- when we overlook their apparent faults, and seek the good within them- when we choose to have mercy on our brethren, rather than inflict upon them vengeance and strict judgement. The more we use our physical bodies to fulfil the commandments of our Creator/fulfil His Will through willing obedience in the Ways of Peace/Truth/Love/Justice- the wider will become the gates to the Kingdom of God to allow in more and more positive/light/creative thoughts and the perception of our Lord is our Righteousness.
When we choose to obsess over dark thoughts (either willingly or unwillingly)- we become 'imprisoned' within our shells of false Ego- even though our mind may deceive us into believing we are 'free'. Our Falsehood (that we choose to let out in speech/or let in with our ears/eyes/hearts) deceives us into believing that we are 'free' when in fact we are not. Our falsehood that clouds over our senses prevents us from Seeing 'Truth', or from recognising wisdom when we come face to face with it. Our senses become blurred and murky, so we become prevented from using our eyes, ears and hearts to the best of their potential in our Quest toward Higher Truth. When we choose to rely on our own understanding/intellect/ego and reject 'Faith' in our Creator (Higher Understanding/Intellect/Truth) - we have nothing to protect our minds from the sneaky whispers of our lower self/mind which seeks to tempt us into Sin and disobedience, and to turn away from the Worship of our Maker. When we use our hearts and minds to willingly reject Higher Guidance (From the Unknown/Beyond our own understanding/knowledge ) then our senses become vulnerable to being decieved into believing falsehood to be truth and truth to be falsehood. We are no longer able to recognise reality from delusion and delusion from reality. We lose our moral compass and become like lost sheep without a Shepherd- vulnerable to attack from wolves in the open wilderness.
When we choose to obsess over light thoughts (either willingly or unwillingly)- we become potential vessels of Light/Truth/Justice/Love/Peace/Unity/Righteousness... The more we meditate on the Beautiful Attributes of our Creator (within ourselves) , the more we make space for Light thoughts, and the less space there is for dark thoughts. The Light thoughts rule over our dark thoughts, and bring us Feelings of Hope, Joy, Gratitude, Patience, Compassion, Peace, Love, Forgiveness, Humility, Strength, Faith, Courage etc.. and help us through the physical struggles, hardships and challenges of this worldly existence. The more we make Time during our day to day activities ( and during the night) to Remember our Creator, with every moment, with each breath (Prayer) and with sincere hearts inclining towards seeking HIs Pleasure- The more our Minds become Purified from thoughts of impurity, and the more free we become to actually Be Who we Are meant to Be. When we choose to seek refuge in our Creator/Master/Lord of the Worlds from the sneaky whispers of our lower self which attempts to sin/disobey and turn us away from The Remembrance of our Lord; and when we Rely on Him wholeheartedly, He protects us with a Shield from the demons and enemies that lurk around us and prevents them from entering into our inner Chamber. The more we 'Pray' (To receive/give Light Thoughts) and 'Give' (To use Light to be part of the Creation by the permission of our Creator) during charity/justice and acts of living kindness (using our gifts blessings and talents) while seeking no reward, but only seeking the pleasure of our Creator; the wider our Gates of Light thought open, to allow in more Light, and to Allow out more Light unto the Worlds in order to help Light up the Darkness within the souls of our Brethren within the worlds of creation. Our Gates of Peace open, allowing us to become vessels of Light ; and shine unto the worlds- the Righteousness of our Maker.
How can Obsessional Thoughts help us?
Sometimes Obsessional thoughts can bring a person towards more 'peace'- for example when ;
1; The thinker 'let's go' of the belief in his or her own ability to gain mastery (without the Help of his or her Creator) over the mind/emotion/speech/action and therefore works towards drawing closer to his or her Creator and Returning/Reuniting with/ Remembering Him - through prayer, charity, self-reflective study, acts of loving kindness etc..
2; The thinker prays to seek help and guidance from his or her Creator in order that he or she chooses 'correctly' to distinguish right from wrong, good from bad, pure from impure in order that he or she can correctly 'choose' to think those thoughts that are more creative than destructive, are more 'light' than 'dark' and bring more benefit to himself or herself and the rest of humanity/creation.
3.When the thoughts are inclined towards seeking Higher Truth (and then bringing it down to the body) and the emotions, thoughts speech and behaviour of that person is also in line with that same Higher truth.- Ie the emotions, thoughts and body of the person (mind body and spirit) are not in battle with each other but instead in a perfect harmony and synchronisation (they all incline toward the same Higher Truth) .
How can Obsessional Thoughts cause us harm?
Obsessional thoughts cause us harm when we choose to rely on (for guidance to Truth and for protection against harm) and trust our own understanding, instead of opening our hearts and Minds to an understanding that is Higher than ours (ie our Creator). So when our Ego is the driving force of our obsessional thoughts- that is when we are harmed by them. Until we can use our own free will to 'surrender' to the Will of God- our Creator/Master/ Lord/King- and obey His commands, and obey His Messenger- we will always be exposed to the harm caused by our obsessional thoughts/intellect of the lower self.
Our Obsessional Thoughts cause us harm when we refuse to accept/ or knowingly reject (the Signs of) our Creator, as the One True God/Lord/Master over our mind, heart, body and soul/worlds. When we choose (using our free-will)to worship (by carrying out the commands of) our our created Ego (created by our false thoughts) as a god beside/'or instead of' our Creator- then we open ourselves to being harmed by the negative/curse/evil/dark/forces of creation that are created by the act of willing disobedience of created beings to Higher Truth (Despite recognising its revelation).
When our obsessional thoughts are because of our desire to 'control' our own lives, our future, and the lives of others- in order to gain more power/respect/self glory/praise/ and worldly success- this need for control comes from a place within the desires of our lower self- and a place of ego. Until we can let go of this need to control and change the lives of others, and until we can let go of the need to control and change tomorrow according to our own will ( instead of the Will of our Creator)- and instead only try our best using our given gifts and blessings and accept that all power is in the Hands of our Maker and that only by His will can we be given honour, control, etc- unless we can do this we can never find inner peace and tranquility within the battles of our mind.
Obsessional thoughts can sometimes feel like a voice in our brain telling us to do things we don't want to do, or things which our souls do not feel is the morally right or necessary thing to do. This can lead to what feels like a 'battle' within our mind which has an effect on all of our physical senses, emotional and mental wellbeing. Some times the voices in our brain might be discussing certain topics relevant to either our own lives or lives of others. Often obsessional thoughts are triggered by the feeling of 'anxiety' or 'fears', and the thoughts themselves can cause further fear and anxiety- putting those who struggle to control their own thoughts- into a depressive 'loop' or a 'viscous cycle' exacerbating their fears/anxieties/obsessional thoughts even further. Sometimes these voices can be as though they represent the voices of our selfish Vs Selfless Nature, our Giving Vs our Receiving Nature, our Destructive Vs our Creative Nature, our Positive and Negative sides, Our Light and our Darkness, Our Day and or Night, Our Up and our Down, our Forward and our Backward, our right and our left, our physical and our spiritual, our seat of Mercy Vs our Seat of Wrath/Strict Justice. But without accepting our God/Creator as our 'Judge'- the obsessional thoughts continue to battle within, until one prevails over the other. The Messengers and Prophets which have been sent with Scripture of Guidance- offer a Light and Judgement of our Creator to enable to us to Judge correctly between what is good and what is bad, what is pure and what is impure, in order that we can make peace in our courts of self-judgement between our twin flames- in order that we can Judge correctly by using and obeying the guidance from the Creator of the Worlds- instead of relying on our own minds/understanding/knowledge/awareness. There is in fact truth and wisdom present on both sides, and a special Higher understanding/Knowledge that can only be attained/revealed when there is 'Peace' between the pairs. Therefore, obedience to the Word of God, revealed by the prophets and messengers of God- can help to guide us out from darkness to light- if we reflect upon and study them, pray and give to charity as commanded by our Creator (through scripture), as well as following His other commands. What we read on the outside, is nothing but a reminder, to help us discover/Remember what was written already within the inner chambers of our hearts and mind from the very Beginning of Time. The Scriptures of God/His Revelations that have been revealed thought the prophets- help to guide us back to what we already once knew, but due to our human nature- we erred and forgot.
Some people may feel that their obsessional thoughts are not their own 'choice' and 'not' in their own control-ie. they did not 'choose' to think these thoughts, and feel powerless against changing their pattern of thought. Others may perhaps feel that they 'do' have power over their mind and in fact 'choose' to become obsessed with 'thinking in a certain way or pattern- because in fact their thought is driven by their 'desires'- in which case obsessional thoughts can give a sense of 'pleasure' or relief to the thinker- rather than anxiety and stress. So if the thinker has control over his or her desires- and can choose to desire 'good' rather than 'evil' or chooses to desires to become 'selfless' rather than 'selfish'- then his or her thoughts will be directed by these desires which can lead to a peaceful mind ( even if it is full of obsessional good thought) . If on the other hand the person chooses to desire selfish worldly physical bodily desires such as ego, greed, lust, sloth, gluttony , envy, etc of out 'lower self' then these desires will direct the mind into 'thinking thoughts about these topics. The more passion there is in the desire of an individual- the more obsession there will be about thoughts related to this subject in his or her mind. When these thoughts become 'obsessional' they can be very dangerous- especially if the individual allows the thoughts that are driven by his or her 'animalistic' desires to rule over his or her 'speech' or 'action'- as this causes harm unto others, break up- our relationships and spreads corruption on the land and sea.
An Ultimate test of Faith is -when a person reaches Higher Awareness and ability to gain mastery over the mind, heart and soul in a way that reflects the Beautiful Attributes of the Creator- He or she then has the ability to either Praise and Glorify his/her Maker who Guided him/her to this success- or to seek self- glory by attributing themselves as the cause of their success. The one who chooses to Thank, glorify/praise their Creator for Guiding them out from darkness to Light and for granting him/her the ability to rule with righteousness (Attributes of his/her Creator) over their lower self (egoistic desires) - has succeeded in his/her Mission that his/her Creator desired/s for him/her. The one who chooses to glorify himself/herself and becomes ungrateful to his/her Creator for guiding him/her out from darkness into Light- and instead seeks to self- glorify and think himself or herself to be worthy of worship or associated in worship- with his/her Maker- eventually will fall from the position of honour and glory- this is because all Honour and Glory belong only to Our Creator- Lord of the Worlds. There is no Deity other than Him. There is no Reality other than Him. He is our Master, we are His Servants. We (our Higher Self) can never be anything other than an honoured servant of the Lord of the Worlds.
The choice we make is whether we choose to Experience our Higher Self ( and truly 'Free' to worship our Creator and Rule over the Land/body wit Justice/Truth/Love and Peace) or to Experience our lower self (a captive prisoner of our body's desires). The Choice we make is wether to be part of/experience the Right or the Left, The Up or the Down, The Forward or the Backwards, the Positive or the Negative The Light or the Darkness. We can choose if we desire so (and if it be the Desire of our Creator) - The Middle Path- The path of Balance, The Straight Path which unites the Two sides- which makes Peace between the Twin flames- which makes Union between man and wife, heaven and earth. This way, we do not go to extreme in our Religion. We See our Creator, whichever way we turn. We do not become afraid of the darkness, for we see even there, the wisdom of His hidden light and Presence. We have our share in this world, as well as the Hereafter. We do not become afraid to search the unknown parts of ourselves which hide in the corners of the earth- but instead we face our false fears with courage, squeeze out the oil from our olive tree (through physical work and justice/fulfilling the commandments) become like a crushed olive oil for the Light of our Creator- hold on to the Hand of our Creator whom we worship, and sacrifice our ego like a burning candle, seeking to be One with the Eternal Light of the Heavens and the earth.
How can we break free from our addictive thoughts which distract us from fulfilling our Higher Purpose?
Let's seek refuge in our Creator from the whispers of our lower self which seeks to tempt us into sin and deceive us into perception of false reality/delusion through disobedience to His Word and distraction from the Rememberance and worship of our Creator.
Let's seek refuge in our Creator: from all types of falsehood, and always incline our intellect and reason towards seeking Higher Truth. Let's humbly accept that there is a Higher Mind than the mind of our lower self (our ego) and that our Higher Self is Master over our lower self. When our Higher Self is Inclined towards Higher Truth (our Creator) and isopen to Receive from Him, then it pours into the vessels of the lower self with the waters of Heaven, brings down the Upper Light and uses it to light up the illuminaries that are hidden in the darkness of our lower self. Each of these illuminaries, light up their own hidden worlds, within layers and layers of darkness, all together, separate but as One- inclining towards and orbiting around Higher Truth- their Source of Light which brings forth Light from darkness, and creates something from nothing- He says "Be and it Is!"- God: Creator of the Worlds.
Let's Seek refuge in our Creator and seek His help from falling into the pit of despair (and imprisonment) that results from our willingness and persistent choosing to chase after the temporary enjoyment of this worldly life in exchange for the hereafter (even after the signs have been shown to us). Let us seek refuge in Him and cling to/Believe in Him, our Creator; instead of clinging onto and believing in the false promises of Satan, and our lower self- which seek to tempt us to worship/obey our ego, greed, lusts, envy, hatred, vengeance, gluttony, sorrows, doubts, fears instead of our Creator and True Master.
Let's refuse to let go of our journey towards seeking and revealing our Truth, our compassion, our Joy, our Hope, our Compassion, our Integrity, our Loyalty, our commitment, our Patience, our Perseverance, our Justice, our Love, our Peace, our Courage, our Humility, our Strength- Let's Never give up until Light is victorious over darkness, and until the lost sparks of wisdom are found and revealed within the darkness of our One Soul, and our false ego is transformed into a revelation of the Glory of our Creator: our Lord of Righteousness- through following His Ways of Peace.
Let's let go of trying to control or change Truth. Truth does not change, it is only our perception of it that changes.
Let's let go of our desire to control what tomorrow will bring. Instead let's try our best to get through each day, living in the moment and appreciating what we have, and see what tomorrow will bring by Higher Will. Whatever we plan to do tomorrow, let's always say 'If God Wills.." for He is the Best of Planners, and our will cannot occur without His Permission/Will. We can try our best to plan for the future according to our limited perception and awareness of what is good for us, but when we trust in our Creator' Plan for us all, and surrender to His Will, we can let go of the anxiety that comes with worrying about the future.
Let's let go of our desire to change the past. What is done is done. The best we can do with the memories of our past- is learn from them, gain wisdom from them, and then let them go. This wisdom- is precious- and the more mistakes we have made in our past, the more potential we have to gain precious wisdom from them. As long as we use this wisdom for the good in the future to help 'change' our perception towards Higher Truth, it will draw us closer to our Creator and we can 'let go' of the trauma that the past has caused us- because it can now serve its Higher Purpose.
Let's let go of trying to control or change people/space. Let's concentrate on serving our Creator by obeying HIs command, and revealing the Message. Lets' forbid evil and encourage good. Let's invite to His Ways of Righteousness. Let's Invite to Repentance and 'willing submission to God.' It is not for us to Guide, but guidance is only from The Lord of the Worlds- who works through us, our Creator to Whom we Belong and to Whom we Return. With our Creator, each one of us can have a direct relationship.
Lets concentrate on uncovering/purifying/discovering/revealing our Essence
Let's not rely on anything except our Creator- everything will disappear except for His Face.
Let's Always seek truth, speak truth, fulfil our promises/word/commitments
Let's Reveal True Beauty
Let's cling to our Creator's Word of Truth- through studying Scripture, making time for regular Prayer/remeberance/gratitude/repentance/meditation on His Attributes (morning, afternoon, evening and night time) - make space to remember Creator in every moment, with each breath, in and out, standing and sitting and lying down/prostrating.
Let's do more good, and we will start to think more good/light thoughts. Good deeds cancel out wicked deeds/ Good thoughts cancel our wicked thoughts. Love covers over sins. Let's open our hearts to love more, and be loved more. Lets open up all our senses to Love- and start to 'see' more clearly with out 3rd Eye. The more we 'give' of what we love for ourselves in order to help another in need, for our fellow human being, the easier it will be to Love our Creator, and love our fellow human. Even if we must 'give' out of 'fear' or in order to 'recieve'-initially- that is fine- eventually it will bring us to 'giving' for the sake of Love, without expectation of return- only in order to give by the Will of out Creator. Charity purifies the Mind Heart and soul.
Let's sacrifice. Let's fast. Fast from speaking bad words, lies, deception, vanity, idle talk, gossiping, slandering, mocking one another. Let's fast from Falsehood. Let's fast from listening to impure speech, gazing at impure vain behaviour and from eating impure food. This will enable to our minds to fast more easily from thinking impure thoughts and enable to us to be freed from the captivity of obsessional impure thoughts of the mind which causes us distress and spiritual dissent. Let's fast from eating and drinking some days as advised by Abrahamic Scripture- in order to purify our minds, hearts and souls, and bodies from gluttony and other desires of our lower self- both on a physical and spiritual level.
Let's Remember always that our minds can deceive us. The best gift form our Creator, that we should all strive to seek for - is good Judgement, of what pleases Him Vs what Displeases Him- the Wisdom to be able to Judge correctly in any given situation in order to fulfil His Will. The Scriptures/Word that has been revealed to us through the prophets are given to us as a Reminder of what the Will of God is. So if we are in doubt about it, or if the voices in our head disagree and argue over what is right and wrong in a given situation- we should seek guidance form our Creator who speaks from within us and gives us external signs for guidance- the Scripture is a Guidance to enable our thoughts to leave a place of darkness, and enter a place of Light. Only with Light can we bring Peace to our inner and outer Realities. God is the Light of the Heavens and the Earth. His Light Shines from within us when we remember, Praise and Glorify Him and worship only Him, never associating anything in Worship with Him. He is Most Forgiving and Most Merciful to all who repent and Return to Him. He holds His Hand out to us to hold onto to- when we reach out our hands ( to the best of our abilities) to help others. His Hand is always reached out to us, but we become more Aware of it when we help others, and therefore are more willing to hold on to Him and Trust in Him like an Intimate Friend.
Let's go on Pilgrimage- a Journey within our Mind toward Higher Truth- the Place of Abraham our Forefather (PBUH). Let's use our intellect and reason - but once we reach that place where we are unable to percieve any further- let's take a leap of Faith into the Unknown (After the Clear Instruction of our Creator has been made evident to us) even if we do not yet understand the reasoning behind the command. Let's Obey our Creator- and Obey His Messenger/Word.
How can we use the wisdom from our addiction to negative thoughts which pull us downwards, to help us gain mastery over our Mind through surrender to a Higher Will of our Creator within, and transform our destructive Mind into creative Vessels of Truth, Peace, Love and Justice?
Some Scripture Verses about 'Thought'
He said, “If you brought a miracle, then present it, if you are truthful.”
107. So he threw his staff, and it was an apparent serpent.
108. And He pulled out his hand, and it was white to the onlookers.
109. The notables among Pharaoh’s people said, “This is really a skilled magician.”
110. “He wants to evict you from your land, so what do you recommend?”
111. They said, “Put him off, and his brother, and send heralds to the cities.”
112. “And let them bring you every skillful magician.”
113. The magicians came to Pharaoh, and said, “Surely there is a reward for us, if we are the victors.”
114. He said, “Yes, and you will be among my favorites.”
115. They said, “O Moses! Either you throw, or we are the ones to throw.”
116. He said, “You throw!” And when they threw, they beguiled the eyes of the people, and intimidated them, and produced a mighty magic.
117. And We inspired Moses: “Throw your staff.” And at once, it swallowed what they were faking.
118. So the truth came to pass, and what they were producing came to nothing.
119. There they were defeated, and utterly reduced.
120. And the magicians fell to their knees.
121. They said, “We have believed in the Lord of the Worlds.”
122. “The Lord of Moses and Aaron.”
123. Pharaoh said, “Did you believe in Him before I have given you permission? This is surely a conspiracy you schemed in the city, in order to expel its people from it. You will surely know.”
124. “I will cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides; then I will crucify you all.”
125. They said, “It is to our Lord that we will return.”
126. “You are taking vengeance on us only because we have believed in the signs of our Lord when they have come to us.” “Our Lord! Pour out patience upon us, and receive our souls in submission.”
127. The chiefs of Pharaoh's people said, “Will you let Moses and his people cause trouble in the land, and forsake you and your gods?” He said, “We will kill their sons, and spare their women. We have absolute power over them.”
128. Moses said to his people, “Seek help in God, and be patient. The earth belongs to God. He gives it in inheritance to whomever He wills of His servants, and the future belongs to the righteous.” Quran 7:106-128
We created you, then We shaped you, then We said to the angels, “Bow down before Adam;” so they bowed down, except for Satan; he was not of those who bowed down.
12. He said, “What prevented you from bowing down when I have commanded you?” He said, “I am better than he; You created me from fire, and You created him from mud.”
13. He said, “Get down from it! It is not for you to act arrogantly in it. Get out! You are one of the lowly!”
14. He said, “Give me respite, until the Day they are resurrected.”
15. He said, “You are of those given respite.”
16. He said, “Because you have lured me, I will waylay them on Your straight path.
17. Then I will come at them from before them, and from behind them, and from their right, and from their left; and you will not find most of them appreciative.”
18. He said, “Get out of it, despised and vanquished. Whoever among them follows you—I will fill up Hell with you all.
19. And you, Adam, inhabit the Garden, you and your wife, and eat whatever you wish; but do not approach this tree, lest you become sinners.”
20. But Satan whispered to them, to reveal to them their nakedness, which was invisible to them. He said, “Your Lord has only forbidden you this tree, lest you become angels, or become immortals.”
21. And he swore to them, “I am a sincere advisor to you.”
22. So he lured them with deceit. And when they tasted the tree, their nakedness became evident to them, and they began covering themselves with the leaves of the Garden. And their Lord called out to them, “Did I not forbid you from this tree, and say to you that Satan is a sworn enemy to you?”
23. They said, “Our Lord, we have done wrong to ourselves. Unless You forgive us, and have mercy on us, we will be among the losers.”
24. He said, “Fall, some of you enemies to one another. On earth you will have residence and livelihood for a while.”
25. He said, “In it you will live, and in it you will die, and from it you will be brought out.”
26. O children of Adam! We have provided you with clothing to cover your bodies, and for luxury. But the clothing of piety—that is best. These are some of God’s revelations, so that they may take heed.
27. O Children of Adam! Do not let Satan seduce you, as he drove your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their garments, to show them their nakedness. He sees you, him and his clan, from where you cannot see them. We have made the devils friends of those who do not believe.
28. And when they commit an indecency, they say, “We found our parents doing this, and God has commanded us to do it.” Say, “God does not command indecencies. Are you attributing to God what you do not know?”
29. Say, “My Lord commands justice, and to stand devoted at every place of worship. So call upon Him, and dedicate your faith to Him alone. Just as He originated you, so you will return.”
30. Some He has guided, and some have deserved misguidance. They have adopted the devils for patrons rather than God, and they assume that they are guided. Quran 7:11-30
And when Moses came to Our appointment, and his Lord spoke to him, he said, “My Lord, allow me to look and see You.” He said, “You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it stays in its place, you will see Me.” But when his Lord manifested Himself to the mountain, He turned it into dust, and Moses fell down unconscious. Then, when he recovered, he said, “Glory be to you, I repent to you, and I am the first of the believers.” Quran 7:143
Those you call upon besides God are servants like you. So call upon them, and let them answer you, if you are truthful.
195. Do they have feet with which they walk? Or do they have hands with which they strike? Or do they have eyes with which they see? Or do they have ears with which they hear? Say, “Call upon your partners, then plot against me, and do not wait.”
196. “My Master is God, He Who sent down the Book, and He takes care of the righteous.”
197. Those you call upon besides Him cannot help you, nor can they help themselves.
198. And if you call them to guidance, they will not hear. And you see them looking at you, yet they do not see.
199. Be tolerant, and command decency, and avoid the ignorant.
200. And when a suggestion from Satan assails you, take refuge with God. He is Hearing and Knowing. Quran 7:194-200
Who is more unjust than him who forbids the remembrance of God’s name in places of worship, and contributes to their ruin? These ought not to enter them except in fear. For them is disgrace in this world, and for them is a terrible punishment in the Hereafter.
115. To God belong the East and the West. Whichever way you turn, there is God’s presence. God is Omnipresent and Omniscient.
116. And they say, “God has begotten a son.” Be He glorified. Rather, His is everything in the heavens and the earth; all are obedient to Him.
117. Originator of the heavens and the earth. Whenever He decrees a thing, He says to it, “Be,” and it becomes.
118. Those who do not know say, “If only God would speak to us, or a sign would come to us.” Thus said those who were before them. Their hearts are alike. We have made the signs clear for people who are certain. Quran 2:114-118
The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, as did the believers. They all have believed in God, and His angels, and His scriptures, and His messengers: “We make no distinction between any of His messengers.” And they say, “We hear and we obey. Your forgiveness, our Lord. To you is the destiny.” Quran 2:285
When your Lord said to the angels, “I am placing a successor on earth.” They said, “Will You place in it someone who will cause corruption in it and shed blood, while we declare Your praises and sanctify You?” He said, “I know what you do not know.”
31. And He taught Adam the names, all of them; then he presented them to the angels, and said, “Tell Me the names of these, if you are sincere.”
32. They said, “Glory be to You! We have no knowledge except what You have taught us. It is you who are the Knowledgeable, the Wise.”
33. He said, “O Adam, tell them their names.” And when he told them their names, He said, “Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of the heavens and the earth, and that I know what you reveal and what you conceal?”
34. And We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam.” They bowed down, except for Satan. He refused, was arrogant, and was one of the disbelievers.
35. We said, “O Adam, inhabit the Garden, you and your spouse, and eat from it freely as you please, but do not approach this tree, lest you become wrongdoers.”
36. But Satan caused them to slip from it, and caused them to depart the state they were in. We said, “Go down, some of you enemies of one another. And you will have residence on earth, and enjoyment for a while.”
37. Then Adam received words from his Lord, so He relented towards him. He is the Relenting, the Merciful.
38. We said, “Go down from it, all of you. Yet whenever guidance comes to you from Me, then whoever follows My guidance—they have nothing to fear, nor shall they grieve.
39. But as for those who disbelieve and reject Our signs—these are the inmates of the Fire—wherein they will remain forever.” Quran 2:30-39
A messenger to the Children of Israel: “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you out of clay the figure of a bird; then I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s leave. And I heal the blind and the leprous, and I revive the dead, by God’s leave. And I inform you concerning what you eat, and what you store in your homes. In that is a sign for you, if you are believers.” Quran 3:49
The likeness of Jesus in God’s sight is that of Adam: He created him from dust, then said to him, “Be,” and he was.
60. The truth is from your Lord, so do not be of those who doubt.
61. And if anyone disputes with you about him, after the knowledge that has come to you, say, “Come, let us call our children and your children, and our women and your women, and ourselves and yourselves, and let us invoke God’s curse on the liars.”
62. This is the narrative of truth: there is no god but God. God is the Mighty, the Wise. Quran 3:59-62
Humanity used to be one community; then God sent the prophets, bringing good news and giving warnings. And He sent down with them the Scripture, with the truth, to judge between people regarding their differences. But none differed over it except those who were given it—after the proofs had come to them—out of mutual envy between them. Then God guided those who believed to the truth they had disputed, in accordance with His will. God guides whom He wills to a straight path. Quran 2:213
Fighting is ordained for you, even though you dislike it. But it may be that you dislike something while it is good for you, and it may be that you like something while it is bad for you. God knows, and you do not know. Quran 2:216
O People of the Book! Why do you reject the revelations of God, even as you witness?
71. O People of the Book! Why do you confound the truth with falsehood, and knowingly conceal the truth?
72. Some of the People of the Book say, “Believe in what was revealed to the believers at the beginning of the day, and reject it at its end, so that they may return.”
73. And trust none except those who follow your religion.” Say, “Guidance is God’s guidance. If someone is given the like of what you were given, or they argue with you before your Lord, say, “All grace is in God’s hand; He gives it to whomever He wills.” God is Bounteous and Knowing.
74. He specifies His mercy for whomever He wills. God is Possessor of Sublime Grace. Quran 3:70-74
Say, “O God, Owner of Sovereignty. You grant sovereignty to whom You will, and You strip sovereignty from whom you will. You honor whom you will, and You humiliate whom you will. In Your hand is all goodness. You are Capable of all things.”
27. “You merge the night into the day, and You merge the day into the night; and you bring the living out of the dead, and You bring the dead out of the living; and You provide for whom you will without measure.”
28. Believers are not to take disbelievers for friends instead of believers. Whoever does that has nothing to do with God, unless it is to protect your own selves against them. God warns you to beware of Him. To God is the destiny.
29. Say, “Whether you conceal what is in your hearts, or disclose it, God knows it.” He knows everything in the heavens and the earth. God is Powerful over everything.
30. On the Day when every soul finds all the good it has done presented. And as for the evil it has done, it will wish there were a great distance between them. God cautions you of Himself. God is Kind towards the servants.
31. Say, “If you love God, then follow me, and God will love you, and will forgive you your sins.” God is Forgiving and Merciful.
32. Say, “Obey God and the Messenger.” But if they turn away—God does not love the faithless. Quran 3:26-32
To God belongs everything in the heavens and the earth. God is the Rich, the Praised.
27. If all the trees on earth were pens, filled by the ocean, with seven more oceans besides, the Words of God would not run out. God is Majestic and Wise.
28. Your creation and your resurrection are only as a single soul. God is Hearing and Seeing. Quran 31:26-28
We endowed Luqman with wisdom: “Give thanks to God.” Whoever is appreciative—is appreciative for the benefit of his own soul. And whoever is unappreciative—God is Sufficient and Praiseworthy.
13. When Luqman said to his son, as he advised him, “O my son, do not associate anything with God, for idolatry is a terrible wrong.”
14. We have entrusted the human being with the care of his parents. His mother carried him through hardship upon hardship, weaning him in two years. So give thanks to Me, and to your parents. To Me is the destination.
15. But if they strive to have you associate with Me something of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them. But keep them company in this life, in kindness, and follow the path of him who turns to Me. Then to Me is your return; and I will inform you of what you used to do.
16. “O my son, even if it were the weight of a mustard-seed, in a rock, or in the heavens, or on earth, God will bring it to light. God is Kind and Expert.
17. O my son, observe the prayer, advocate righteousness, forbid evil, and be patient over what has befallen you. These are of the most honorable traits.
18. And do not treat people with arrogance, nor walk proudly on earth. God does not love the arrogant showoffs.
19. And moderate your stride, and lower your voice. The most repulsive of voices is the donkey’s voice.”
20. Do you not see how God placed at your service everything in the heavens and the earth? How He showered you with His blessings, both outward and inward? Yet among the people is he who argues about God without knowledge, without guidance, and without an enlightening Scripture.
21. And when it is said to them, “Follow what God has revealed,” they say, “Rather, we follow what we found our parents devoted to.” Even if Satan is calling them to the suffering of the Blaze?
22. Whoever submits himself wholly to God, and is a doer of good, has grasped the most trustworthy handle. With God rests the outcome of all events. Quran 31:12-22
“O assembly of jinn and humans, did there not come to you messengers from among you, relating to you My revelations, and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?” They will say, “We testify against ourselves.” The life of the world seduced them. They will testify against themselves that they were disbelievers. Quran 6:130
The life of this world is nothing but game and distraction, but the Home of the Hereafter is better for those who are righteous. Do you not understand?
33. We know that what they say grieves you. It is not you they reject, but it is God's revelations that the wicked deny.
34. Other messengers before you were rejected, but they endured rejection and persecution until Our help came to them. There can be no change to God’s words. News of the Messengers has already reached you.
35. If you find their rejection hard to bear, then if you can, seek a tunnel into the earth, or a stairway into the heaven, and bring them a sign. Had God willed, He could have gathered them to guidance. So do not be of the ignorant.
36. Only those who listen will respond. As for the dead, God will resurrect them; then to Him they will be returned.
37. And they say, “If only a sign could come down to him from his Lord.” Say, “God is Able to send down a sign, but most of them do not know.”
38. There is no animal on land, nor a bird flying with its wings, but are communities like you. We neglected nothing in the Scripture. Then to their Lord they will be gathered.
39. Those who reject Our revelations are deaf and dumb, in total darkness. Whomever God wills, He leaves astray; and whomever He wills, He sets on a straight path. Quran 6:32-39
O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion, and do not say about God except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, is the Messenger of God, and His Word that He conveyed to Mary, and a Spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and do not say, “Three.” Refrain—it is better for you. God is only one God. Glory be to Him—that He should have a son. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and the earth, and God is a sufficient Protector.
172. The Messiah does not disdain to be a servant of God, nor do the favored angels. Whoever disdains His worship, and is too arrogant—He will round them up to Himself altogether.
173. But as for those who believe and do good works, He will pay them their wages in full, and will increase His grace for them. But as for those who disdain and are too proud, He will punish them with an agonizing punishment. And they will find for themselves, apart from God, no lord and no savior.
174. O people! A proof has come to you from your Lord, and We sent down to you a clear light.
175. As for those who believe in God, and hold fast to Him, He will admit them into mercy and grace from Him, and will guide them to Himself in a straight path. Quran 4:171-175
I—I am God. There is no God but I. So serve Me, and practice the prayer for My remembrance.
15. The Hour is coming—but I keep it almost hidden—so that each soul will be paid for what it endeavors.
16. And do not let him who denies it and follows his desire turn you away from it, lest you fall.
17. And what is that in your right-hand, O Moses?”
18. He said, “This is my staff. I lean on it, and herd my sheep with it, and I have other uses for it.”
19. He said, “Throw it, O Moses.”
20. So he threw it—thereupon it became a moving serpent.
21. He said, “Take hold of it, and do not fear. We will restore it to its original condition.
22. And press your hand to your side; it will come out white, without a blemish—another sign.
23. That We may show you some of Our greatest signs.
24. Go to Pharaoh; He has transgressed.”
25. He said, “My Lord, put my heart at peace for me.
26. And ease my task for me.
27. And untie the knot from my tongue.
28. So they can understand my speech.
29. And appoint an assistant for me, from my family.
30. Aaron, my brother.
31. Strengthen me with him.
32. And have him share in my mission.
33. That we may glorify You much.
34. And remember You much.
35. You are always watching over us.”
36. He said, “You are granted your request, O Moses. Quran 20:14-26
Pharaoh said, “And what is the Lord of the Worlds?”
24. He said, “The Lord of the heavens and the earth, and everything between them, if you are aware.”
25. He said to those around him, “Do you not hear?”
26. He said, “Your Lord and the Lord of your ancestors of old.”
27. He said, “This messenger of yours, who is sent to you, is crazy.”
28. He said, “Lord of the East and the West, and everything between them, if you understand.”
29. He said, “If you accept any god other than me, I will make you a prisoner.”
30. He said, “What if I bring you something convincing?”
31. He said, “Bring it, if you are being truthful.”
32. So he cast his staff; and it was a serpent, plain to see.
33. And he pulled his hand; and it was white, for all to see.
34. He said to the dignitaries around him, “This is a skilled magician.
35. He intends to drive you out of your land with his magic, so what do you recommend?”
36. They said, “Delay him and his brother, and send recruiters to the cities.
37. To bring you every experienced magician.”
38. So the magicians were gathered for the appointment on a specified day.
39. And it was said to the people, “Are you all gathered?
40. That we may follow the magicians, if they are the winners.”
41. When the magicians arrived, they said to Pharaoh, “Is there a reward for us, if we are the winners?”
42. He said, “Yes, and you will be among those favored.”
43. Moses said to them, “Present what you intend to present.”
44. So they threw their ropes and their sticks, and said, “By the majesty of Pharaoh, we will be the winners.”
45. Then Moses threw his staff, and behold, it began swallowing their trickery.
46. And the magicians fell down prostrating.
47. They said, “We have believed in the Lord of the Worlds.
48. The Lord of Moses and Aaron.”
49. He said, “Did you believe in Him before I have given you permission? He must be your chief, who taught you magic. You will soon know. I will cut off your hands and feet on opposite sides, and I will crucify you all.”
50. They said, “No problem. To our Lord we will return.
51. We are eager for our Lord to forgive us our sins, since we are the first of the believers.” Quran 26:23-51
Mankind’s reckoning has drawn near, but they turn away heedlessly.
2. No fresh reminder comes to them from their Lord, but they listen to it playfully.
3. Their hearts distracted, the wrongdoers confer secretly, “Is this anything but a mortal like you? Will you take to sorcery, with open-eyes?” Quran 21:1-3
He said, “Do you worship, instead of God, what can neither benefit you in anything, nor harm you?
67. Fie on you, and on what you worship instead of God. Do you not understand?”
68. They said, “Burn him and support your gods, if you are going to act.”
69. We said, “O fire, be coolness and safety upon Abraham.”
70. They planned to harm him, but We made them the worst losers.
71. And We delivered him, and Lot, to the land that We blessed for all people.
72. And We granted him Isaac and Jacob as a gift; and each We made righteous.
73. And We made them leaders, guiding by Our command; and We inspired them to do good works, and to observe the prayer, and to give out charity. They were devoted servants to Us.
74. And Lot—We gave him judgment and knowledge, and We delivered him from the town that practiced the abominations. They were wicked and perverted people. Quran 21:66-74
There is a ban on the town that We had destroyed—that they will not return.
96. Until, when Gog and Magog are let loose, and they swarm down from every mound.
97. The promise of truth has drawn near. The eyes of those who disbelieved will stare in horror: “Woe to us. We were oblivious to this. In fact, we were wrongdoers.”
98. You and what you worship besides God are fuel for Hell. You will descend into it.
99. Had these been gods, they would not have descended into it. All will abide in it.
100. In it they will wail. In it they will not hear.
101. As for those who deserved goodness from Us—these will be kept away from it.
102. They will not hear its hissing, and they will forever abide in what their hearts desire.
103. The Supreme Fear will not worry them, and the angels will receive them: “This is your Day which you were promised.”
104. On the Day when We fold the heaven, like the folding of a book. Just as We began the first creation, We will repeat it—a promise binding on Us. We will act.
105. We have written in the Psalms, after the Reminder, that the earth will be inherited by My righteous servants.
106. Indeed, in this is a message for people who worship.
107. We did not send you except as mercy to mankind.
108. Say, “It is revealed to me that your God is One God. Are you going to submit?” Quran 21:95-108
We did not create the sky and the earth and what is between them for amusement.
17. If We wanted amusement, We could have found it within Us, were We to do so.
18. In fact, We hurl the truth against falsehood, and it crushes it, so it vanishes. Woe unto you, for what you describe.
19. To Him belongs everyone in the heavens and the earth. Those near Him are not too proud to worship Him, nor do they waver.
20. They praise night and day, without ever tiring.
21. Or have they taken to themselves gods from the earth who resurrect?
22. If there were in them gods other than God, they would have gone to ruin. So glory be to God, Lord of the Throne, beyond what they allege.
23. He will not be questioned about what He does, but they will be questioned.
24. Or have they taken, besides Him, other gods? Say, “Bring your proof. This is a message for those with me, and a message of those before me.” But most of them do not know the truth, so they turn away.
25. We never sent a messenger before you without inspiring him that: “There is no god but I, so worship Me.”
26. And they say, “The Most Merciful has taken to himself a son.” Be He glorified; they are but honored servants.
27. They never speak before He has spoken, and they only act on His command.
28. He knows what is before them, and what is behind them; and they do not intercede except for him whom He approves; and they tremble in awe of Him.
29. And whoever of them says, “I am a god besides Him,” We will reward him with Hell. Thus We reward the wrongdoers.
30. Do the disbelievers not see that the heavens and the earth were one mass, and We tore them apart? And We made from water every living thing. Will they not believe?
31. And We placed on earth stabilizers, lest it sways with them, and We placed therein signposts and passages, that they may be guided.
32. And We made the sky a protected ceiling; yet they turn away from its wonders.
33. It is He who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon; each floating in an orbit. Quran 21:16-33
And she who guarded her virginity. We breathed into her of Our spirit, and made her and her son a sign to the world.
92. This community of yours is one community, and I am your Lord, so worship Me.
93. But they splintered themselves into factions. They will all return to Us. Quran 21:91-93
And for Solomon the wind—its outward journey was one month, and its return journey was one month. And We made a spring of tar flow for him. And there were sprites that worked under him, by the leave of his Lord. But whoever of them swerved from Our command, We make him taste of the punishment of the Inferno. Quran 34:12
In Sheba’s homeland there used to be a wonder: two gardens, on the right, and on the left. “Eat of your Lord’s provision, and give thanks to Him.” A good land, and a forgiving Lord.
16. But they turned away, so We unleashed against them the flood of the dam; and We substituted their two gardens with two gardens of bitter fruits, thorny shrubs, and meager harvest.
17. We thus penalized them for their ingratitude. Would We penalize any but the ungrateful? Quran 34:15-17
Those who disbelieve say, “We will never believe in this Quran, nor in what came before it.” If you could only see the wrongdoers, captive before their Lord, throwing back allegations at one another. Those who were oppressed will say to those who were arrogant, “Were it not for you, we would have been believers.”
32. Those who were arrogant will say to those who were oppressed, “Was it us who turned you away from guidance when it came to you? No indeed, you yourselves were sinful.”
33. And those who were oppressed will say to those who were arrogant, “It was your scheming by night and day; as you instructed us to reject God, and to set up rivals to Him.” They will hide their remorse when they see the retribution. We will put yokes around the necks of those who disbelieved. Will they be repaid for anything other than what they used to do?
34. We sent no warner to any town, without its affluent saying, “We reject what you are sent with.”
35. And they say, “We have more wealth and more children, and we will not be punished.”
36. Say, “My Lord spreads out His bounty to whomever He wills, or restricts it; but most people do not know.”
37. It is neither your wealth nor your children that bring you closer to Us, but it is he who believes and does good deeds. These will have a double reward for what they did; and they will reside in the Chambers, in peace and security.
38. But those who work against Our revelations, seeking to undermine them—those will be summoned to the punishment. Quran 34:31-38
Say, “I offer you a single advice: devote yourselves to God, in pairs, or individually; and reflect. There is no madness in your friend. He is just a warner to you, before the advent of a severe punishment.” Say, “Whatever compensation I have asked of you, is yours. My compensation comes only from God, and He is Witness over all things.”
48. Say, “My Lord projects the truth. He is the Knower of the Unseen.”
49. Say, “The Truth has come; while falsehood can neither originate, nor regenerate.”
50. Say, “If I err, I err only to my own loss; but if I am guided, it is by what my Lord inspires me. He is Hearing and Near.”
51. If you could only see when they are terrified, and there is no escape, and they are seized from a nearby place.
52. And they say, “We have believed in it.” But how can they attain it from a distant place?
53. They have rejected it in the past, and made allegations from a far-off place.
54. A barrier will be placed between them and what they desire, as was done formerly with their counterparts. They were in disturbing doubt. Quran 34:46-54
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Praise be to God, Originator of the heavens and the earth, Maker of the angels messengers with wings—double, triple, and quadruple. He adds to creation as He wills. God is Able to do all things.
2. Whatever mercy God unfolds for the people, none can withhold it. And if He withholds it, none can release it thereafter. He is the Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom.
3. O people! Remember God’s blessings upon you. Is there a creator other than God who provides for you from the heaven and the earth? There is no god but He. So how are you misled?
4. If they reject you, messengers before you were also rejected. To God all matters are returned.
5. O people! The promise of God is true; so let not the lowly life seduce you, and let not the Tempter tempt you away from God.
6. Satan is an enemy to you, so treat him as an enemy. He only invites his gang to be among the inmates of the Inferno.
7. Those who disbelieve will suffer a harsh punishment, but those who believe and do righteous deeds will have forgiveness and a great reward.
8. What of him whose evil deed was made attractive to him, and so he regards it as good? God leads astray whomever He wills, and He guides whomever He wills. Therefore, do not waste yourself sorrowing over them. God knows exactly what they do.
9. God is He who sends the winds, which agitate clouds, which We drive to a dead land, and thereby revive the ground after it had died. Likewise is the Resurrection.
10. Whoever desires honor—all honor belongs to God. To Him ascends speech that is pure, and He elevates righteous conduct. As for those who plot evil, a terrible punishment awaits them, and the planning of these will fail.
11. God created you from dust, then from a small drop; then He made you pairs. No female conceives, or delivers, except with His knowledge. No living thing advances in years, or its life is shortened, except it be in a Record. That is surely easy for God.
12. The two seas are not the same. One is fresh, sweet, good to drink, while the other is salty and bitter. Yet from each you eat tender meat, and extract jewelry which you wear. And you see the ships plowing through them, so that you may seek of His bounty, so that you may give thanks.
13. He merges the night into the day, and He merges the day into the night; and He regulates the sun and the moon, each running for a stated term. Such is God, your Lord; His is the sovereignty. As for those you call upon besides Him, they do not possess a speck.
14. If you pray to them, they cannot hear your prayer. And even if they heard, they would not answer you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will reject your partnership. None informs you like an Expert.
15. O people! It is you who are the poor, in need of God; while God is the Rich, the Praiseworthy.
16. If He wills, He can do away with you, and produce a new creation.
17. And that would not be difficult for God.
18. No burdened soul can carry the burden of another. Even if one weighted down calls for help with its burden, nothing can be lifted from it, even if they were related. You are to warn those who fear their Lord inwardly, and perform the prayer. He who purifies himself purifies himself for his own good. To God is the ultimate return.
19. Not equal are the blind and the seeing.
20. Nor are the darkness and the light.
21. Nor are the shade and the torrid heat.
22. Nor are equal the living and the dead. God causes whomever He wills to hear, but you cannot make those in the graves hear.
23. You are only a warner.
24. We sent you with the truth; a bearer of good news, and a warner. There is no community but a warner has passed through it.
25. If they disbelieve you, those before them also disbelieved. Their messengers came to them with the clear proofs, with the Psalms, and with the Enlightening Scripture.
26. Then I seized those who disbelieved—so how was My rejection?
27. Have you not seen that God sends down water from the sky? With it We produce fruits of various colors. And in the mountains are streaks of white and red—varying in their hue—and pitch-black.
28. Likewise, human beings, animals, and livestock come in various colors. From among His servants, the learned fear God. God is Almighty, Oft-Forgiving.
29. Those who recite the Book of God, and perform the prayer, and spend of what We have provided for them, secretly and publicly, expect a trade that will not fail.
30. He will pay them their dues in full, and will increase them from His bounty. He is Forgiving and Appreciative.
31. What We inspired in you, of the Book, is the truth, confirming what preceded it. God is Well-Informed of His servants, All-Seeing.
32. Then We passed the Book to those of Our servants whom We chose. Some of them wrong their souls, and some follow a middle course, and some are in the foremost in good deeds by God’s leave; that is the greatest blessing.
33. The Gardens of Eden, which they will enter. They will be adorned therein with gold bracelets and pearls, and their garments therein will be of silk.
34. And they will say, “Praise God, who has lifted all sorrow from us. Our Lord is Most Forgiving, Most Appreciative.
35. He Who settled us in the Home of Permanence, by His grace, where boredom will not touch us, and fatigue will not afflict us.”
36. As for those who disbelieve, for them is the Fire of Hell, wherein they will never be finished off and die, nor will its punishment be lightened for them. Thus We will repay every ingrate.
37. And they will scream therein, “Our Lord, let us out, and we will act righteously, differently from the way we used to act.” Did We not give you a life long enough, in which anyone who wanted to understand would have understood? And the warner did come to you. So taste. The evildoers will have no helper.
38. God is the Knower of the future of the heavens and the earth. He knows what the hearts contain.
39. It is He who made you successors on earth. Whoever disbelieves, his disbelief will recoil upon him. The disbelief of the disbelievers adds only to their Lord's disfavor of them. The disbelief of the disbelievers adds only to their perdition.
40. Say, “Have you considered those partners of yours that you worship instead of God? Show me what they have created on earth. Or do they have any share in the heavens?” Or have We given them a book whose clear teachings they follow? In fact, the wrongdoers promise one another nothing but delusions.
41. God holds the heavens and the earth, lest they fall apart. And were they to fall apart, there is none to hold them together except He. He is Most Clement, Most Forgiving.
42. And they swore by God with their solemn oaths, that if a warner came to them, they would be more guided than any other people. Yet when a warner came to them, it only increased them in aversion.
43. Priding themselves on earth, and scheming evil. But evil scheming overwhelms none but its authors. Do they expect anything but the precedent of the ancients? You will not find any change in God’s practice, and you will not find any substitute to God’s practice.
44. Have they not journeyed in the land and observed the fate of those who preceded them? They were superior to them in strength. But nothing can defeat God in the heavens or on Earth. He is indeed Omniscient and Omnipotent.
45. If God were to punish the people for what they have earned, He would not leave a single living creature on its surface. But He defers them until a stated time. Then, when their time has arrived—God is Observant of His creatures. Quran 35
And who is better in speech than someone who calls to God, and acts with integrity, and says, “I am of those who submit”?
34. Good and evil are not equal. Repel evil with good, and the person who was your enemy becomes like an intimate friend.
35. But none will attain it except those who persevere, and none will attain it except the very fortunate.
36. When a temptation from the Devil provokes you, seek refuge in God; He is the Hearer, the Knower. Quran 41: 33-36
Or do they say, “He made it up”? Rather, they do not believe.
34. So let them produce a discourse like it, if they are truthful.
35. Or were they created out of nothing? Or are they the creators?
36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? In fact, they are not certain.
37. Or do they possess the treasuries of your Lord? Or are they the controllers?
38. Or do they have a stairway by means of which they listen? Then let their listener produce a clear proof. Quran 52:33-38
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Ta, Ha.
2. We did not reveal the Quran to you to make you suffer.
3. But only as a reminder for him who fears.
4. A revelation from He who created the earth and the high heavens.
5. The Most Merciful; on the Throne He settled.
6. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and the earth, and everything between them, and everything beneath the soil.
7. If you speak aloud—He knows the secret, and the most hidden.
8. God, there is no god but He, His are the Most Beautiful Names. Quran 20:1-8
Has the story of Moses reached you?
10. When he saw a fire, he said to his family, “Stay; I have noticed a fire; Perhaps I can bring you a torch therefrom, or find some guidance by the fire.”
11. Then, when he reached it, he was called, “O Moses.
12. I—I am your Lord. Take off your shoes. You are in the sacred valley of Tuwa.
13. I have chosen you, so listen to what is revealed.
14. I—I am God. There is no God but I. So serve Me, and practice the prayer for My remembrance.
15. The Hour is coming—but I keep it almost hidden—so that each soul will be paid for what it endeavors.
16. And do not let him who denies it and follows his desire turn you away from it, lest you fall.
17. And what is that in your right-hand, O Moses?”
18. He said, “This is my staff. I lean on it, and herd my sheep with it, and I have other uses for it.”
19. He said, “Throw it, O Moses.”
20. So he threw it—thereupon it became a moving serpent.
21. He said, “Take hold of it, and do not fear. We will restore it to its original condition.
22. And press your hand to your side; it will come out white, without a blemish—another sign.
23. That We may show you some of Our greatest signs.
24. Go to Pharaoh; He has transgressed.”
25. He said, “My Lord, put my heart at peace for me.
26. And ease my task for me.
27. And untie the knot from my tongue.
28. So they can understand my speech.
29. And appoint an assistant for me, from my family.
30. Aaron, my brother.
31. Strengthen me with him.
32. And have him share in my mission.
33. That we may glorify You much.
34. And remember You much.
35. You are always watching over us.”
36. He said, “You are granted your request, O Moses.
37. We had favored you another time.
38. When We inspired your mother with the inspiration.
39. `Put him in the chest; then cast him into the river. The river will wash him to shore, where an enemy of Mine and an enemy of his will pick him up. And I have bestowed upon you love from Me, so that you may be reared before My eye.
40. When your sister walked along, and said, ‘Shall I tell you about someone who will take care of him?' So We returned you to your mother, that she may be comforted, and not sorrow. And you killed a person, but We saved you from stress; and We tested you thoroughly. And you stayed years among the people of Median. Then you came back, as ordained, O Moses.
41. And I made you for Myself.
42. Go, you and your brother, with My signs, and do not neglect My remembrance.
43. Go to Pharaoh. He has tyrannized.
44. But speak to him nicely. Perhaps he will remember, or have some fear.”
45. They said, “Lord, we fear he may persecute us, or become violent.”
46. He said, “Do not fear, I am with you, I hear and I see.
47. Approach him and say, `We are the messengers of your Lord; so let the Children of Israel go with us, and do not torment them. We bring you a sign from your Lord, and peace be upon him who follows guidance.
48. It was revealed to us that the punishment falls upon him who disbelieves and turns away.'“
49. He said, “Who is your Lord, O Moses.”
50. He said, “Our Lord is He who gave everything its existence, then guided it.”
51. He said, “What about the first generations?”
52. He said, “Knowledge thereof is with my Lord, in a Book. My Lord never errs, nor does He forget.”
53. He who made the earth a habitat for you; and traced in it routes for you; and sent down water from the sky, with which We produce pairs of diverse plants.
54. Eat and pasture your livestock. In that are signs for those with understanding.
55. From it We created you, and into it We will return you, and from it We will bring you out another time.
56. We showed him Our signs, all of them, but he denied and refused.
57. He said, “Did you come to us to drive us out of our land with your magic, O Moses?
58. We will produce for you magic like it; so make an appointment between us and you, which we will not miss—neither us, nor you—in a central place.”
59. He said, “Your appointment is the day of the festival, so let the people be gathered together at mid-morning.”
60. Pharaoh turned away, put together his plan, and then came back.
61. Moses said to them, “Woe to you. Do not fabricate lies against God, or He will destroy you with a punishment. He who invents lies will fail.”
62. They disagreed among themselves over their affair, and conferred secretly.
63. They said, “These two are magicians who want to drive you out of your land with their magic, and to abolish your exemplary way of life.
64. So settle your plan, and come as one front. Today, whoever gains the upper hand will succeed.”
65. They said, “O Moses, either you throw, or we will be the first to throw.”
66. He said, “You throw.” And suddenly, their ropes and sticks appeared to him, because of their magic, to be crawling swiftly.
67. So Moses felt apprehensive within himself.
68. We said, “Do not be afraid, you are the uppermost.
69. Now throw down what is in your right hand—it will swallow what they have crafted. What they have crafted is only a magician’s trickery. But the magician will not succeed, no matter what he does.”
70. And the magicians fell down prostrate. They said, “We have believed in the Lord of Aaron and Moses.”
71. He said, “Did you believe in him before I have given you permission? He must be your chief, who has taught you magic. I will cut off your hands and your feet on alternate sides, and I will crucify you on the trunks of the palm-trees. Then you will know which of us is more severe in punishment, and more lasting.”
72. They said, “We will not prefer you to the proofs that have come to us, and Him who created us. So issue whatever judgment you wish to issue. You can only rule in this lowly life.
73. We have believed in our Lord, so that He may forgive us our sins, and the magic you have compelled us to practice. God is Better, and more Lasting.”
74. Whoever comes to his Lord guilty, for him is Hell, where he neither dies nor lives.
75. But whoever comes to Him a believer, having worked righteousness—these will have the highest ranks.
76. The Gardens of Perpetuity, beneath which rivers flow, dwelling therein forever. That is the reward for him who purifies himself.
77. And We inspired Moses: “Travel by night with My servants, and strike for them a dry path across the sea, not fearing being overtaken, nor worrying.”
78. Pharaoh pursued them with his troops, but the sea overwhelmed them, and completely engulfed them.
79. Pharaoh misled his people, and did not guide them.
80. O Children of Israel! We have delivered you from your enemy, and promised you by the right side of the Mount, and sent down to you manna and quails.
81. Eat of the good things We have provided for you, but do not be excessive therein, lest My wrath descends upon you. He upon whom My wrath descends has fallen.
82. And I am Forgiving towards him who repents, believes, acts righteously, and then remains guided.
83. “And what made you rush ahead of your people, O Moses?”
84. He said, “They are following in my footsteps; and I hurried on to You, my Lord, that you may be pleased.”
85. He said, “We have tested your people in your absence, and the Samarian misled them.”
86. So Moses returned to his people, angry and disappointed. He said, “O my people, did your Lord not promise you a good promise? Was the time too long for you? Or did you want wrath from your Lord to descend upon you, so you broke your promise to me?”
87. They said, “We did not break our promise to you by our choice, but we were made to carry loads of the people’s ornaments, and we cast them in. That was what the Samarian suggested.”
88. So he produced for them a calf—a mere body which lowed. And they said, “This is your god, and the god of Moses, but he has forgotten.”
89. Did they not see that it cannot return a word to them, and has no power to harm them or benefit them?
90. Aaron had said to them before, “O my people, you are being tested by this. And your Lord is the Merciful, so follow me, and obey my command.”
91. They said, “We will not give up our devotion to it, until Moses returns to us.”
92. He said, “O Aaron, what prevented you, when you saw them going astray.
93. From following me? Did you disobey my command?”
94. He said, “Son of my mother, do not seize me by my beard or my head. I feared you would say, `You have caused division among the Children of Israel, and did not regard my word.'“
95. He said, “What do you have to say, O Samarian?”
96. He said, “I saw what they did not see, so I grasped a handful from the Messenger’s traces, and I flung it away. Thus my soul prompted me.”
97. He said, “Begone! Your lot in this life is to say, ‘No contact.’ And you have an appointment that you will not miss. Now look at your god that you remained devoted to—we will burn it up, and then blow it away into the sea, as powder.”
98. Surely your god is God, the One besides whom there is no other god. He comprehends everything in knowledge. Quran 20:9-90
Exalted is God, the True King. Do not be hasty with the Quran before its inspiration to you is concluded, and say, “My Lord, increase me in knowledge.”
115. And We covenanted with Adam before, but he forgot, and We found in him no resolve.
116. And when We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam.” They bowed down, except for Satan; he refused.
117. We said, “O Adam, this is an enemy to you and to your wife. So do not let him make you leave the Garden, for then you will suffer.
118. In it you will never go hungry, nor be naked.
119. Nor will you be thirsty in it, nor will you swelter.”
120. But Satan whispered to him. He said, “O Adam, shall I show you the Tree of Immortality, and a kingdom that never decays?”
121. And so they ate from it; whereupon their bodies became visible to them, and they started covering themselves with the leaves of the Garden. Thus Adam disobeyed his Lord, and fell.
122. But then his Lord recalled him, and pardoned him, and guided him.
123. He said, “Go down from it, altogether; some of you enemies of some others. But whenever guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance, will not go astray, nor suffer.
124. But whoever turns away from My Reminder, for him is a confined life. And We will raise him on the Day of Resurrection blind.”
125. He will say, “My Lord, why did You raise me blind, though I was seeing?”
126. He will say, “Just as Our revelations came to you, and you forgot them, today you will be forgotten.” Quran 20:114-126
So bear patiently what they say, and celebrate the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting. And during the hours of the night glorify Him, and at the borders of the day, that you may be satisfied.
131. And do not extend your glance towards what We have given some classes of them to enjoy—the splendour of the life of this world—that We may test them thereby. Your Lord’s provision is better, and more lasting.
132. And exhort your people to pray, and patiently adhere to it. We ask of you no sustenance, but it is We who sustain you. The good ending is that for righteousness.
133. And they say, “Why does he not bring us a miracle from his Lord?” Were they not given enough miracles in the former scriptures?
134. Had We destroyed them with a punishment before him, they would have said, “Our Lord, if only You had sent us a messenger, we would have followed Your revelations before we were humiliated and disgraced.”
135. Say, “Everybody is waiting, so wait. You will know who the people of the straight path are, and who is rightly-guided. Quran 20:130-135
22. They will say, “Three, and their fourth being their dog.” And they will say, “Five, and their sixth being their dog,” guessing at the unknown. And they will say, “Seven, and their eighth being their dog.” Say, “My Lord knows best their number.” None knows them except a few. So do not argue concerning them except with an obvious argument, and do not consult any of them about them.
23. And never say about anything, “I will do that tomorrow.”
24. Without saying, “If God wills.” And remember your Lord if you forget, and say, “Perhaps my Lord will guide me to nearer than this in integrity.”
25. And they stayed in their cave for three hundred years, adding nine.
26. Say, “God knows best how long they stayed.” His is the mystery of the heavens and the earth. By Him you see and hear. They have no guardian apart from Him, and He shares His Sovereignty with no one.
27. And recite what was revealed to you from the Book of your Lord. There is no changing His words, and you will find no refuge except in Him.
28. And content yourself with those who pray to their Lord morning and evening, desiring His Presence. And do not turn your eyes away from them, desiring the glitter of this world. And do not obey him whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance—so he follows his own desires—and his priorities are confused.
29. And say, “The truth is from your Lord. Whoever wills—let him believe. And whoever wills—let him disbelieve”. We have prepared for the unjust a Fire, whose curtains will hem them in. And when they cry for relief, they will be relieved with water like molten brass, which scalds the faces. What a miserable drink, and what a terrible place.
30. As for those who believe and lead a righteous life—We will not waste the reward of those who work righteousness.
31. These will have the Gardens of Eden, beneath which rivers flow. Reclining on comfortable furnishings, they will be adorned with bracelets of gold, and will wear green garments of silk and brocade. What a wonderful reward, and what an excellent resting-place.
32. And cite for them the parable of two men. To one of them We gave two gardens of vine, and We surrounded them with palm-trees, and We placed between them crops.
33. Both gardens produced their harvest in full, and suffered no loss. And We made a river flow through them.
34. And thus he had abundant fruits. He said to his friend, as he conversed with him, “I am wealthier than you, and greater in manpower.”
35. And he entered his garden, wronging himself. He said, “I do not think this will ever perish.”
36. “And I do not think the Hour is coming. And even if I am returned to my Lord, I will find something better than this in return.”
37. His friend said to him, as he conversed with him, “Are you being ungrateful to Him who created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then evolved you into a man?
38. But as for me, He is God, my Lord, and I never associate with my Lord anyone.
39. When you entered your garden, why did you not say, “As God wills; there is no power except through God”? Although you see me inferior to you in wealth and children.
40. Perhaps my Lord will give me something better than your garden, and release upon it thunderbolts from the sky, so it becomes barren waste.
41. Or its water will sink into the ground, and you will be unable to draw it.”
42. And ruin closed in on his crops, and so he began wringing his hands over what he had invested in it, as it lays fallen upon its trellises. And he was saying, “I wish I never associated anyone with my Lord.”
43. He had no faction to help him besides God, and he was helpless.
44. That is because authority belongs to God, the True. He is Best in rewarding, and Best in requiting.
45. And cite for them the parable of the present life: it is like water that We send down from the sky; the plants of the earth absorb it; but then it becomes debris, scattered by the wind. God has absolute power over everything.
46. Wealth and children are the adornments of the present life. But the things that last, the virtuous deeds, are better with your Lord for reward, and better for hope.
47. On the Day when We set the mountains in motion; and you see the earth emerging; and We gather them together, and leave none of them behind.
48. They will be presented before your Lord in a row. “You have come to Us as We created you the first time. Although you claimed We would not set a meeting for you.”
49. And the book will be placed, and you will see the sinners fearful of its contents. And they will say, “Woe to us! What is with this book that leaves nothing, small or big, but it has enumerated it?” They will find everything they had done present. Your Lord does not wrong anyone.
50. We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam.” So they bowed down, except for Satan. He was of the jinn, and he defied the command of his Lord. Will you take him and his offspring as lords instead of Me, when they are an enemy to you? Evil is the exchange for the wrongdoers.
51. I did not call them to witness the creation of the heavens and the earth, nor their own creation; and I do not take the misleaders for assistants.
52. On the Day when He will say, “Call on My partners whom you have claimed.” They will call on them, but they will not answer them. And We will place between them a barrier.
53. And the sinners will see the Fire, and will realize that they will tumble into it. They will find no deliverance from it.
54. We have elaborated in this Quran for the people every kind of example, but the human being is a most argumentative being. Quran 18:22-54
We send the messengers only as deliverers of good news and warners. Those who disbelieve argue with false argument, in order to defeat the truth thereby. They take My Verses, and the warnings, for a joke.
57. Who does greater wrong than he, who, when reminded of his Lord’s revelations, turns away from them, and forgets what his hands have put forward? We have placed coverings over their hearts, lest they understand it, and heaviness in their ears. And if you call them to guidance, they will not be guided, ever. Quran 18: 56-57
Recall when Moses said to his servant, “I will not give up until I reach the junction of the two rivers, even if it takes me years.” Then, when they reached the junction between them, they forgot about their fish. It found its way into the river, slipping away. When they went further, he said to his servant, “Bring us our lunch; we were exposed in our travel to much fatigue.” He said, “Do you remember when we rested by the rock? I forgot about the fish. It was only the devil who made me forget it. And so it found its way to the river, amazingly.” He said, “This is what we were seeking.” And so they turned back retracing their steps. Then they came upon a servant of Ours, whom We had blessed with mercy from Us, and had taught him knowledge from Our Own. Moses said to him, “May I follow you, so that you may teach me some of the guidance you were taught?” He said, “You will not be able to endure with me. And how will you endure what you have no knowledge of?” He said, “You will find me, God willing, patient; and I will not disobey you in any order of yours.” He said, “If you follow me, do not ask me about anything, until I myself make mention of it to you.”So they set out. Until, when they had boarded the boat, he holed it. He said, “Did you hole it, to drown its passengers? You have done something awful.” He said, “Did I not tell you that you will not be able to endure with me?” He said, “Do not rebuke me for forgetting, and do not make my course difficult for me.” Then they set out. Until, when they encountered a boy, he killed him. He said, “Did you kill a pure soul, who killed no one? You have done something terrible.” He said, “Did I not tell you that you will not be able to endure with me?” He said, “If I ask you about anything after this, then do not keep company with me. You have received excuses from me.” So they set out. Until, when they reached the people of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused to offer them hospitality. There they found a wall about to collapse, and he repaired it. He said, “If you wanted, you could have obtained a payment for it.” He said, “This is the parting between you and me. I will tell you the interpretation of what you were unable to endure. As for the boat, it belonged to paupers working at sea. I wanted to damage it because there was a king coming after them seizing every boat by force. As for the boy, his parents were believers, and we feared he would overwhelm them with oppression and disbelief. So we wanted their Lord to replace him with someone better in purity, and closer to mercy. And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphaned boys in the city. Beneath it was a treasure that belonged to them. Their father was a righteous man. Your Lord wanted them to reach their maturity, and then extract their treasure—as a mercy from your Lord. I did not do it of my own accord. This is the interpretation of what you were unable to endure.”Quran 18:60-82
And they ask you about Zul-Qarnain. Say, “I will tell you something about him.” We established him on earth, and gave him all kinds of means. He pursued a certain course. Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it setting in a murky spring, and found a people in its vicinity. We said, “O Zul-Qarnain, you may either inflict a penalty, or else treat them kindly.” He said, “As for him who does wrong, we will penalize him, then he will be returned to his Lord, and He will punish him with an unheard-of torment. “But as for him who believes and acts righteously, he will have the finest reward, and We will speak to him of Our command with ease.” Then he pursued a course. Until, when he reached the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had provided no shelter from it. And so it was. We had full knowledge of what he had. Then he pursued a course. Until, when he reached the point separating the two barriers, he found beside them a people who could barely understand what is said. They said, “O Zul-Qarnain, the Gog and Magog are spreading chaos in the land. Can we pay you, to build between us and them a wall?” He said, “What my Lord has empowered me with is better. But assist me with strength, and I will build between you and them a dam.” “Bring me blocks of iron.” So that, when he had leveled up between the two cliffs, he said, “Blow.” And having turned it into a fire, he said, “Bring me tar to pour over it.” So they were unable to climb it, and they could not penetrate it. He said, “This is a mercy from my Lord. But when the promise of my Lord comes true, He will turn it into rubble, and the promise of my Lord is always true.” On that Day, We will leave them surging upon one another. And the Trumpet will be blown, and We will gather them together. Quran 18:83-99
On that Day, We will present the disbelievers to Hell, all displayed. Those whose eyes were screened to My message, and were unable to hear. Do those who disbelieve think that they can take My servants for masters instead of Me? We have prepared Hell for the hospitality of the faithless. Say, “Shall We inform you of the greatest losers in their works?” “Those whose efforts in this world are misguided, while they assume that they are doing well.” It is they who rejected the communications of their Lord, and the encounter with Him. So their works are in vain. And on the Day of Resurrection, We will consider them of no weight. That is their requital—Hell—on account of their disbelief, and their taking My revelations and My messengers in mockery. As for those who believe and do righteous deeds, they will have the Gardens of Paradise for hospitality. Abiding therein forever, without desiring any change therefrom. Say, “If the ocean were ink for the words of my Lord, the ocean would run out, before the words of my Lord run out,” even if We were to bring the like of it in addition to it. Say, “I am only a human being like you, being inspired that your god is One God. Whoever hopes to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and never associate anyone with the service of his Lord.” Quran 18:100-110
God knows what every female bears, and every increase and decrease of the wombs. With Him, everything is by measure. The Knower of the Invisible and the Visible; the Grand, the Supreme. It is the same; whether one of you conceals his speech, or declares it; whether he goes into hiding by night, or goes out by day. He has a succession; before him and behind him, protecting him by God’s command. God does not change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves. And if God wills any hardship for a people, there is no turning it back; and apart from Him they have no protector. Quran 13:8-11
It is He who shows you the lightening, causing fear and hope. And He produces the heavy clouds. The thunder praises His glory, and so do the angels, in awe of Him. And He sends the thunderbolts, striking with them whomever He wills. Yet they argue about God, while He is Tremendous in might. To Him belongs the call to truth. Those they call upon besides Him do not respond to them with anything—except as someone who stretches his hands towards water, so that it may reach his mouth, but it does not reach it. The prayers of the unbelievers are only in vain. To God prostrates everyone in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, as do their shadows, in the morning and in the evening. Say, “Who is the Lord of the heavens and the earth?” Say, “God.” Say, “Have you taken besides Him protectors, who have no power to profit or harm even themselves?” Say, “Are the blind and the seeing equal? Or are darkness and light equal? Or have they assigned to God associates, who created the likes of His creation, so that the creations seemed to them alike? Say, “God is the Creator of all things, and He is The One, the Irresistible.” He sends down water from the sky, and riverbeds flow according to their capacity. The current carries swelling froth. And from what they heat in fire of ornaments or utensils comes a similar froth. Thus God exemplifies truth and falsehood. As for the froth, it is swept away, but what benefits the people remains in the ground. Thus God presents the analogies. For those who respond to their Lord is the best. But as for those who do not respond to Him, even if they possessed everything on earth, and twice as much, they could not redeem themselves with it. Those will have the worst reckoning; and their home is Hell—a miserable destination. Is he who knows that what was revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, like him who is blind? Only those who reason will remember. Those who fulfill the promise to God, and do not violate the agreement. And those who join what God has commanded to be joined, and fear their Lord, and dread the dire reckoning. And those who patiently seek the presence of their Lord, and pray regularly, and spend from Our provisions to them, secretly and openly, and repel evil with good. These will have the Ultimate Home. Everlasting Gardens, which they will enter, along with the righteous among their parents, and their spouses, and their descendants. And the angels will enter upon them from every gate. “Peace be upon you, because you endured patiently. How excellent is the Final Home.” As for those who violate the promise to God, after pledging to keep it, and sever what God has commanded to be joined, and spread corruption on earth—these, the curse will be upon them, and they will have the Worst Home. Quran 13:12-25
You are receiving the Quran from an All-Wise, All-Knowing. When Moses said to his family, “I have glimpsed a fire. I will bring you some news from it; or bring you a firebrand, that you may warm yourselves.” Then, when he reached it, he was called: “Blessed is He who is within the fire, and He who is around it, and glorified be God, Lord of the Worlds. O Moses, it is I, God, the Almighty, the Wise. Throw down your staff.” But when he saw it quivering, as though it were a demon, he turned around not looking back. “O Moses, do not fear; the messengers do not fear in My presence. But whoever has done wrong, and then substituted goodness in place of evil. I am Forgiving and Merciful. Put your hand inside your pocket, and it will come out white, without blemish—among nine miracles to Pharaoh and his people, for they are immoral people.” Yet when Our enlightening signs came to them, they said, “This is obvious witchcraft.” And they rejected them, although their souls were certain of them, out of wickedness and pride. So see how the outcome was for the mischief-makers. Quran 27:6-14
And We gave David and Solomon knowledge. They said, “Praise God, who has favoured us over many of His believing servants.” And Solomon succeeded David. He said, “O people, we were taught the language of birds, and we were given from everything. This is indeed a real blessing.” To the service of Solomon were mobilized his troops of sprites, and men, and birds—all held in strict order. Until, when they came upon the Valley of Ants, an ant said, “O ants! Go into your nests, lest Solomon and his troops crush you without noticing.” He smiled and laughed at her words, and said, “My Lord, direct me to be thankful for the blessings you have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do good works that please You. And admit me, by Your grace, into the company of Your virtuous servants.” Quran 27: 15-19
Then he inspected the birds, and said, “Why do I not see the hoopoe? Or is he among the absentees? I will punish him most severely, or slay him, unless he gives me a valid excuse.” But he did not stay for long. He said, “I have learnt something you did not know. I have come to you from Sheba, with reliable information. I found a woman ruling over them, and she was given of everything, and she has a magnificent throne. I found her and her people worshiping the sun, instead of God. Satan made their conduct appear good to them, and diverted them from the path, so they are not guided. If only they would worship God, who brings to light the mysteries of the heavens and the earth, and knows what you conceal and what you reveal. God—There is no god but He, the Lord of the Sublime Throne.” He said, “We will see, whether you have spoken the truth, or whether you are a liar. Go with this letter of mine, and deliver it to them; then withdraw from them, and see how they respond.” She said, “O Counselors, a gracious letter was delivered to me. It is from Solomon, and it is, ‘In the Name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Do not defy me, and come to me submissively.’” She said, “O counselors, advise me in this matter of mine. I never make a decision unless you are present.” They said, “We are a people of might and great courage, but the decision is yours, so consider what you wish to command.” She said, “When kings enter a city, they devastate it, and subjugate its dignified people. Thus they always do. I am sending them a gift, and will see what the envoys bring back.” When he came to Solomon, he said, “Are you supplying me with money? What God has given me is better than what He has given you. It is you who delight in your gift. Go back to them. We will come upon them with troops they cannot resist; and we will expel them from there, disgraced and humiliated.” He said, “O notables, which one of you will bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?” An imp of the sprites said, “I will bring it to you before you rise from your seat. I am strong and reliable enough to do it.” He who had knowledge from the Book said, “I will bring it to you before your glance returns to you.” And when he saw it settled before him, he said, “This is from the grace of my Lord, to test me, whether I am grateful or ungrateful. He who is grateful, his gratitude is to his own credit; but he who is ungrateful—my Lord is Independent and Generous.” He said, “Disguise her throne for her, and we shall see whether she will be guided, or remains one of the misguided.” When she arrived, it was said, “Is your throne like this?” She said, “As if this is it.” “We were given knowledge before her, and we were submissive.” But she was prevented by what she worshiped besides God; she belonged to a disbelieving people. It was said to her, “Go inside the palace.” And when she saw it, she thought it was a deep pond, and she bared her legs. He said, “It is a palace paved with glass.” She said, “My Lord, I have done wrong to myself, and I have submitted with Solomon, to God, Lord of the Worlds.” Quran 27:20-44
You cannot make the dead hear, nor can you make the deaf hear the call if they turn their backs and flee. Nor can you guide the blind out of their straying. You can make no one listen, except those who believe in Our verses; for they are Muslims. And when the Word has fallen on them, We will bring out for them from the earth a creature which will say to them that the people are uncertain of Our revelations. On the Day when We gather from every community a group of those who rejected Our revelations; and they will be restrained. Until, when they arrive, He will say, “Did you reject My revelations without comprehending them? Or what is it you were doing?” The Word will come down upon them for their wrongdoing, and they will not speak. Quran 27:80-85
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds. The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. Master of the Day of Judgment. It is You we worship, and upon You we call for help. Guide us to the straight path. The path of those You have blessed, not of those against whom there is anger, nor of those who are misguided. Quran 1
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Say, “He is God, the One. God, the Absolute. He begets not, nor was He begotten. And there is none comparable to Him.” Quran 112
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Say, “I take refuge with the Lord of Daybreak. From the evil of what He created. And from the evil of the darkness as it gathers. And from the evil of those who practice sorcery. And from the evil of an envious when he envies.” Quran 113
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Say, “I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind. The King of mankind. The God of mankind. From the evil of the sneaky whisperer. Who whispers into the hearts of people. From among jinn and among people.” Quran 114
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. We have given you plenty. So pray to your Lord and sacrifice. He who hates you is the loser. Quran 108
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Say, “O disbelievers. I do not worship what you worship. Nor do you worship what I worship. Nor do I serve what you serve. Nor do you serve what I serve. You have your way, and I have my way.” Quran 109
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Have you considered him who denies the religion? It is he who mistreats the orphan. And does not encourage the feeding of the poor. So woe to those who pray. Those who are heedless of their prayers. Those who put on the appearance. And withhold the assistance. Quran 107
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. For the security of Quraish. Their security during winter and summer journeys. Let them worship the Lord of this House. Who has fed them against hunger, and has secured them against fear. Quran 106
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Have you not considered how your Lord dealt with the People of the Elephant? Did He not make their plan go wrong? He sent against them swarms of birds. Throwing at them rocks of baked clay. Leaving them like chewed-up leaves. Quran 105
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Woe to every slanderer backbiter. Who gathers wealth and counts it over. Thinking that his wealth has made him immortal. By no means. He will be thrown into the Crusher. And what will make you realize what the Crusher is? God's kindled Fire. That laps to the hearts. It closes in on them. In extended columns. Quran 104
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. By Time. The human being is in loss. Except those who believe, and do good works, and encourage truth, and recommend patience. Quran 103
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Abundance distracts you. Until you visit the graveyards. Indeed, you will know. Certainly, you will know. If you knew with knowledge of certainty. You would see the Inferno. Then you will see it with the eye of certainty. Then, on that Day, you will be questioned about the Bliss. Quran 102
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. The Shocker. What is the Shocker? What will explain to you what the Shocker is? The Day when the people will be like scattered moths. And the mountains will be like tufted wool. As for he whose scales are heavy. He will be in a pleasant life. But as for he whose scales are light. His home is the Abyss. Do you know what it is? A Raging Fire. Quran 101
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. By the racers panting. Igniting sparks. Raiding at dawn. Raising clouds of dust. Storming into the midst. Indeed, the human being is ungrateful to his Lord. And he bears witness to that. And he is fierce in his love of wealth. Does he not know? When the contents of the graves are scattered around. And the contents of the hearts are obtained. Their Lord, on that Day, is fully informed of them. Quran 100
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. When the earth is shaken with its quake. And the earth brings out its loads. And man says, “What is the matter with it?” On that Day, it will tell its tales. For your Lord will have inspired it. On that Day, the people will emerge in droves, to be shown their works. Whoever has done an atom's weight of good will see it. And whoever has done an atom's weight of evil will see it. Quran 99
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Those who disbelieved among the People of the Scripture, and the Polytheists, were not apart, until the Clear Evidence came to them. A messenger from God reciting purified scripts. In them are valuable writings. Those who were given the Scripture did not splinter, except after the Clear Evidence came to them. They were commanded only to worship God, devoting their faith to Him alone, and to practice regular prayer, and to give alms. That is the upright religion. Those who disbelieve among the People of the Scripture, and the Polytheists, will be in the Fire of Hell, where they will abide forever. These are the worst of creatures. As for those who believe and lead a righteous life—these are the best of creatures. Their reward is with their Lord: Gardens of Eternity beneath which rivers flow, where they will abide forever. God is pleased with them, and they are pleased with Him. That is for whoever fears His Lord. Quran 98
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. We sent it down on the Night of Decree. But what will convey to you what the Night of Decree is? The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months. In it descend the angels and the Spirit, by the leave of their Lord, with every command. Peace it is; until the rise of dawn. Quran 97
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Read: In the Name of your Lord who created. Created man from a clot. Read: And your Lord is the Most Generous. He who taught by the pen. Taught man what he never knew. In fact, man oversteps all bounds. When he considers himself exempt. But to your Lord is the return. Have you seen him who prevents? A servant when he prays? Do you think he is upon guidance? Or advocates righteousness? Do you see how he disbelieved and turned away? Does he not know that God sees? No. If he does not desist, We will drag him by the forelock. A deceitful, sinful forelock. Let him call on his gang. We will call the Guards. No, do not obey him; but kneel down, and come near. Quran 96
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. By the fig and the olive. And Mount Sinai. And this safe land. We created man in the best design. Then reduced him to the lowest of the low. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds; for them is a reward without end. So why do you still reject the religion? Is God not the Wisest of the wise? Quran 95
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. Did We not soothe your heart? And lift from you your burden. Which weighed down your back? And raised for you your reputation? With hardship comes ease. With hardship comes ease. When your work is done, turn to devotion. And to your Lord turn for everything. Quran 94
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. By the morning light. And the night as it settles. Your Lord did not abandon you, nor did He forget. The Hereafter is better for you than the First. And your Lord will give you, and you will be satisfied. Did He not find you orphaned, and sheltered you? And found you wandering, and guided you? And found you in need, and enriched you? Therefore, do not mistreat the orphan. Nor rebuff the seeker. But proclaim the blessings of your Lord. Quran 93
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. By the night as it covers. And the day as it reveals. And He who created the male and the female. Your endevours are indeed diverse. As for him who gives and is righteous. And confirms goodness. We will ease his way towards ease. But as for him who is stingy and complacent. And denies goodness. We will ease his way towards difficulty. And his money will not avail him when he plummets. It is upon Us to guide. And to Us belong the Last and the First. I have warned you of a Fierce Blaze. None will burn in it except the very wicked. He who denies and turns away. But the devout will avoid it. He who gives his money to become pure. Seeking no favour in return. Only seeking the acceptance of his Lord, the Most High. And he will be satisfied. Quran 92
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. By the sun and its radiance. And the moon as it follows it. And the day as it reveals it. And the night as it conceals it. And the sky and He who built it. And the earth and He who spread it. And the soul and He who proportioned it. And inspired it with its wickedness and its righteousness. Successful is he who purifies it. Failing is he who corrupts it. Thamood denied in its pride. When it followed its most wicked. The messenger of God said to them, “This is the she-camel of God, so let her drink.” But they called him a liar, and hamstrung her. So their Lord crushed them for their sin, and leveled it. And He does not fear its sequel. Quran 91
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. I swear by this land. And you are a resident of this land. And by a father and what he fathered. We created man in distress. Does he think that no one has power over him? He says, “I have used up so much money.” Does he think that no one sees him? Did We not give him two eyes? And a tongue, and two lips? And We showed him the two ways? But he did not brave the ascent. And what will explain to you what the ascent is? The freeing of a slave. Or the feeding on a day of hunger. An orphan near of kin. Or a destitute in the dust. Then he becomes of those who believe, and advise one another to patience, and advise one another to kindness. These are the people of happiness. But as for those who defy Our revelations—these are the people of misery. Upon them is a padlocked Fire. Quran 90
God illustrates an example of those who disbelieve: the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were under two of Our righteous servants, but they betrayed them. They availed them nothing against God, and it was said, “Enter the Fire with those who are entering.” And God illustrates an example of those who believe: the wife of Pharaoh, when she said, “My Lord, build for me, with you, a house in Paradise, and save me from Pharaoh and his works, and save me from the wrongdoing people.” And Mary, the daughter of Imran, who guarded her womb, and so We breathed into her of Our Spirit; and she believed in the truth of her Lord’s Words and His Books, and was one of the devout. Quran 66:10-12
We sent Noah to his people. He said, “O my people, worship God, you have no deity other than Him. Will you not take heed?” But the notables of his people, who disbelieved, said, “This is nothing but a human like you, who wants to gain superiority over you. Had God willed, He would have sent down angels. We never heard of this from our forefathers of old. He is nothing but a man possessed. Just ignore him for a while.” He said, “My Lord, help me, for they have rejected me.” So We inspired him: “Build the Ark under Our observation and by Our inspiration. And when Our decree comes to pass, and the oven boils over, load into it two pairs of every kind, together with your family, except those of them against whom the word has already been pronounced. And do not speak to me concerning those who did wrong; for they are to be drowned.” Then, when you and those with you are settled in the Ark, say, “Praise be to God, who has saved us from the wrongdoing people.” And say, “My Lord, land me with a blessed landing, as you are the best of transporters.” Surely in that are signs. We are always testing. Quran 23:23-30
We never burden any soul beyond its capacity. And with Us is a record that tells the truth, and they will not be wronged. But their hearts are puzzled because of this; and they have deeds that do not conform to this, which they continue to perpetrate. Until, when We seize the decadent among them with torment, they begin to groan. Do not groan today. You will receive no help from Us. My Verses were recited to you, but you turned back on your heels. Arrogant towards it—talked nonsense about it—disregarded it. Have they not pondered the Word? Or has there come to them what came not to their forefathers of old? Or is it that they did not recognize their messenger, so they are denying him? Or do they say, “He is possessed?” In fact, he brought them the truth, but most of them hate the truth. If the truth conformed to their desires, the heavens, the earth, and everyone in them would have gone to ruin. In fact, We have given them their message, but they keep avoiding their message. Or are you asking them for a payment? The revenue from your Lord is better, and He is the Best of providers. You are inviting them to a straight path. But those who do not believe in the Hereafter are swerving from the path. Even if We had mercy on them, and relieved their problems, they would still blindly persist in their defiance. We have already gripped them with suffering, but they did not surrender to their Lord, nor did they humble themselves. Until, when We have opened before them a gate of intense agony, at once they will despair. It is He who produced for you the hearing, and the eyesight, and the feelings. But little gratitude you show. Quran 23: 62-78
Say, “To whom does the earth belong, and everyone in it, if you happen to know?” They will say, “To God.” Say, “Will you not reflect?” Say, “Who is the Lord of the seven heavens, and Lord of the Splendid Throne?” They will say, “To God.” Say, “Will you not become righteous?” Say, “In whose hand is the dominion of all things, and He protects and cannot be protected from, if you happen to know?” They will say, “To God.” Say, “Then are you bewitched?” In fact, We have given them the truth, and they are liars. God has never begotten a son, nor is there any god besides Him. Otherwise, each god would have taken away what it has created, and some of them would have gained supremacy over others. Glory be to God, far beyond what they describe. The Knower of the hidden and the manifest. He is exalted, far above what they associate. Quran 23: 84-92
Did you think that We created you in vain, and that to Us you will not be returned?” So Exalted is God, the Ruler, the Real. There is no god except He, the Lord of the Noble Throne. Whoever invokes another god besides God—he has no proof thereof—his reckoning rests with his Lord. The disbelievers will not succeed. And say, “My Lord, forgive and have mercy, for You are the Best of the merciful.” Quran 23:115-118
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. The revelation of the Book is from God, the Mighty and Wise. We sent down to you the Book with the truth, so serve God, devoting your religion to Him. Is not to God that sincere faith is due? As for those who take guardians besides Him, “We only worship them that they may bring us nearer to God.” God will judge between them regarding their differences. God does not guide the lying blasphemer. If God wanted to have a son, He could have selected from His creation at will. Glory be to Him. He is God, the One, the Prevailing. He created the heavens and the earth with reason. He wraps the night around the day, and He wraps the day around the night. And He regulates the sun and the moon, each running along a specific course. He is indeed the Almighty, the Forgiver. He created you from one person, then made from it its mate, and brought down livestock for you—eight kinds in pairs. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, in successive formations, in a triple darkness. Such is God, your Lord. His is the kingdom. There is no god but He. So what made you deviate? If you disbelieve, God is Independent of you, yet He does not approve ingratitude on the part of His servants. And if you are thankful, He will approve that in you. No bearer of burden can bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return; and He will inform you of what you used to do. He is aware of what the hearts contain. When some adversity touches the human being, he prays to his Lord, repenting to Him. But then, when He confers on him a grace of His, he forgets what he was praying for before, and he attributes rivals to God, in order to lead astray from His way. Say, “Enjoy your disbelief for a little while; you will be among the inmates of the Fire.” Is he who worships devoutly during the watches of the night, prostrating himself and standing up, mindful of the Hereafter, and placing his hope in the mercy of his Lord? Say, “Are those who know and those who do not know equal?” Only those possessed of reason will remember. Say, “O My devotees who have believed, keep your duty to your Lord. For those who do good in this world, is goodness. And God’s earth is vast. The steadfast will be paid their wages in full, without reckoning.” Say, “I was commanded to serve God, devoting my religion exclusively to Him. And I was commanded to be the first of those who submit.” Say, “I fear, if I disobeyed my Lord, the punishment of a horrendous Day.” Say, “It is God I worship, sincere in my faith in Him.” “But you can worship whatever you wish besides Him.” Say, “The losers are those who lose their souls and their people on the Day of Resurrection.” That is indeed the obvious loss. They will have layers of Fire above them, and layers beneath them. That is how God strikes fear into His servants—“O My servants! Beware of Me!” As for those who avoid the worship of idols, and devote themselves to God—theirs is the good news. So give good news to My servants. Those who listen to the Word, and follow the best of it. These are they whom God has guided. These are they who possess intellect. Quran 39:1-18
There is nothing, but its warehouses are with Us. We release it in known quantities. We send the fertilizing winds, and We send rain from the sky, and We give it to you to drink. You have no control over the water wells. We give life and cause death, and We are the Heirs. We know those of you who go forward, and We know those who lag. Your Lord will gather them together. He's the Wise All-Knowing. We created the human being from clay, from molded mud. And We created the demons before, from scorching fire. Your Lord said to the angels, “I'm creating a human being from clay, from dark mud.” “After I have proportioned him and breathed of My spirit into him, fall in prostration before him.” So all the angels prostrated themselves. Except for Iblees. He refused to prostrate. He said, “O Iblees, why didn’t you prostrate?” He replied: “I have no intention to prostrate before a man You created from clay, from molded mud.” He said, “Then get out of here; you're an outcast.” “And the curse is on you until Judgment Day.” He said, “My Lord, delay me until the Day they're resurrected.” He said, “You’ll be delayed.” “Until the Day of the appointed time.” He said, “My Lord, since You lured me away, I'll glamorize for them on earth, and I'll lure them all away.” “Except for Your chosen servants.” He said, “This is a straight path, binding on Me.” “You'll have no authority over My worshipers, except over the deviants who follow you.” Hell is the meeting-place for them all. “It has seven gates. Each gate has an assigned class.” But the righteous will be in gardens and springs. “Enter it in peace and security.” We'll remove all bad feelings from their hearts. Brothers and sisters, on thrones, facing each other. No fatigue will ever touch them, and they won’t be asked to leave. Tell My worshippers that I'm the Kind Forgiver. And that My punishment is the painful punishment. Quran 15:21-50
O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion, and do not say about God except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, is the Messenger of God, and His Word that He conveyed to Mary, and a Spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and do not say, “Three.” Refrain—it is better for you. God is only one God. Glory be to Him—that He should have a son. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and the earth, and God is a sufficient Protector. The Messiah does not disdain to be a servant of God, nor do the favoured angels. Whoever disdains His worship, and is too arrogant—He will round them up to Himself altogether. Quran 4:171-172
And mention Our servant Job, when he appealed to his Lord: “Satan touched me with grief and suffering.” “Kick with your foot. This is a cool place to wash and drink.” We restored his family to him, and an equal number of others with them, as a mercy from Us; and a lesson for those endowed with understanding. “Take a bundle with your hand, and strike with it, and don’t break your oath.” We found him patient. What an excellent servant! So devout. Quran 38:41-44
We tested Solomon. We placed a body in his chair. Then he returned full of devotion. He said, “My Lord, forgive me; and give me a kingdom that will never be attained by anyone after me. You are the Giver.” So We accommodated for him the winds, blowing gently at his command, wherever he wanted. And the devils — builders and divers. And others shackled in chains. “This is Our gift. So give generously, or withhold, as you wish.” He will enjoy Our closeness and a beautiful homecoming. Quran 38:34-40
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. By the star as it goes down. Your friend has not gone astray, nor has he erred. Nor does he speak out of desire. It is but a revelation revealed. Taught to him by the Extremely Powerful. The one of vigor. He settled. While he was at the highest horizon. Then he came near, and hovered around. He was within two bows’ length, or closer. Then He revealed to His servant what He revealed. The heart did not lie about what it saw. Will you dispute with him concerning what he saw? He saw him on another descent. At the Lotus Tree of the Extremity. Near which is the Garden of Repose. As there covered the Lotus Tree what covered it. The sight did not waver, nor did it exceed. He saw some of the Great Signs of his Lord. Have you considered al-Lat and al-Uzza? And Manat, the third one, the other? Are you to have the males, and He the females? What a bizarre distribution. These are nothing but names, which you have devised, you and your ancestors, for which God sent down no authority. They follow nothing but assumptions, and what the ego desires, even though guidance has come to them from their Lord. Or is the human being to have whatever he desires? To God belong the Last and the First. How many an angel is there in the heavens whose intercession avails nothing, except after God gives permission to whomever He wills, and approves? Those who do not believe in the Hereafter give the angels the names of females. They have no knowledge of that. They only follow assumptions, and assumptions are no substitute for the truth. So avoid him who has turned away from Our remembrance, and desires nothing but the present life. That is the extent of their knowledge. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who has accepted guidance. To God belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. He will repay those who do evil according to their deeds, and recompense those who do good with the best. Those who avoid gross sins and indecencies—except for minor lapses—your Lord is of Vast Forgiveness. He knows you well, ever since He created you from the earth, and ever since you were embryos in your mothers’ wombs. So do not acclaim your own virtue; He is fully aware of the righteous. Have you considered him who turned away? And gave a little, and held back? Does he possess knowledge of the unseen, and can therefore foresee? Or was he not informed of what is in the Scrolls of Moses? And of Abraham, who fulfilled? That no soul bears the burdens of another soul. And that the human being attains only what he strives for. And that his efforts will be witnessed. Then he will be rewarded for it the fullest reward. And that to your Lord is the finality. And that it is He who causes laughter and weeping. And that it is He who gives death and life. And that it is He who created the two kinds—the male and the female. From a sperm drop, when emitted. And that upon Him is the next existence. And that it is He who enriches and impoverishes. And that it is He who is the Lord of Sirius. And that it is He who destroyed the first Aad. And Thamood, sparing no one. And the people of Noah before that; for they were most unjust and most oppressive. And He toppled the ruined cities. And covered them with whatever covered them. So which of your Lord's marvels can you deny? This is a warning, just like the first warnings. The inevitable is imminent. None besides God can unveil it. Do you marvel at this discourse? And laugh, and do not weep? Lost in your frivolity? So bow down to God, and worship! Quran 53
It’s He who merges the two seas: one is sweet and drinkable, the other is salty and bitter. And He placed between them a non-breachable barrier. Quran 25:53
The worshipers of the Gracious walk modestly on earth, and when the ignorant address them, they say, “Peace.” Those who spend the night before their Lord, prostrating and standing. Those who pray: “Our Lord, turn away from us the suffering of Hell; its suffering is continuous. What a terrible home and destination.” And when they spend, they're neither wasteful nor tight-fisted, but moderate. And they don’t invoke any god other than God. And they don’t kill the soul that God made sacred — except in the pursuit of justice. And they don’t commit adultery. Whoever does so will face penalties. His punishment will be multiplied on Resurrection Day, and he will be humiliated forever. Except for those who repent, believe, and do good deeds. For them, God will turn their sins into blessings. God is Forgiving, Very Kind. Whoever repents and acts righteously — has returned to God in repentance. And they don’t bear false witness. And when they encounter indecencies, they pass with dignity. And when they’re reminded of their Lord’s revelations, they don’t become deaf and blind to them. And they say, “Our Lord! Give us joy in our spouses and children. And make us a good example for the righteous.” These will be rewarded with the mansions — for being patient. They'll be welcomed with greetings and peace. They'll remain there forever. It’s a beautiful home and a place of relaxation. Say, “What are you to my Lord without your prayer? You denied, so the expected will happen.” Quran 25:63-77
When God will say, “O Jesus son of Mary, recall My favour upon you and upon your mother, how I supported you with the Holy Spirit. You spoke to the people from the crib, and in maturity. How I taught you the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel. And recall that you moulded from clay the shape of a bird, by My leave, and then you breathed into it, and it became a bird, by My leave. And you healed the blind and the leprous, by My leave; and you revived the dead, by My leave. And recall that I restrained the Children of Israel from you when you brought them the clear miracles. But those who disbelieved among them said, `This is nothing but obvious sorcery.'“ Quran 5:110
And relate to them the true story of Adam's two sons: when they offered an offering, and it was accepted from one of them, but it was not accepted from the other. He Said, “I will kill you.” He Said, “God accepts only from the righteous.” “If you extend your hand to kill me, I will not extend my hand to kill you; for I fear God, Lord of the Worlds.” “I would rather you bear my sin and your sin, and you become among the inmates of the Fire. Such is the reward for the evildoers.” Then His soul prompted him to kill his brother, so he killed him, and became one of the losers. Then God sent a raven digging the ground, to show him how to cover his brother's corpse. He said, “Woe to me! I was unable to be like this raven, and bury my brother's corpse.” So he became full of regrets.Quran 5:27-31
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. By the daybreak. And ten nights. And the even and the odd. And the night as it recedes. Is there in this an oath for a rational person? Have you not seen how your Lord dealt with Aad? Erum of the pillars. The like of which was never created in the land. And Thamood—those who carved the rocks in the valley. And Pharaoh of the Stakes. Those who committed excesses in the lands. And spread much corruption therein. So your Lord poured down upon them a scourge of punishment. Your Lord is on the lookout. As for man, whenever his Lord tests him, and honours him, and prospers him, he says, “My Lord has honoured me.” But whenever He tests him, and restricts his livelihood for him, he says, “My Lord has insulted me.” Not at all. But you do not honour the orphan. And you do not urge the feeding of the poor. And you devour inheritance with all greed. And you love wealth with immense love. No—when the earth is levelled, pounded, and crushed. And your Lord comes, with the angels, row after row. And on that Day, Hell is brought forward. On that Day, man will remember, but how will remembrance avail him? He will say, “If only I had forwarded for my life.” On that Day, none will punish as He punishes. And none will shackle as He shackles. But as for you, O tranquil soul. Return to your Lord, pleased and accepted. Enter among My servants. Enter My Paradise. Quran 89
Those who emigrate for God’s sake after being persecuted, We will settle them in a good place in this world; but the reward of the Hereafter is greater, if they only knew. Those who endure patiently, and in their Lord they put their trust. We did not send before you except men whom We inspired. So ask the people of knowledge, if you do not know. Quran 16:41-43
In the name of God, the Kind, the Caring. Wasn't there a phase when man was nothing to speak of? We created man from a drop of mixed fluid; to test him. And We gave him hearing and sight. We guided him to the path, whether he’s grateful or not. We prepared for the unbelievers chains, shackles, and a Blazing Fire. The pure will drink wine mixed with fragrant herbs. A drink from a gushing spring for God’s servants. They fulfill their vows, and they dread a Day whose horrors are widespread. They feed, out of love for Him, the poor, the orphan, and the captive. “We feed you for the sake of God. We want no payment or thanks from you. We fear a day of calamity and destruction from our Lord.” So God will protect them from the horrors of that day. Their faces will shine with radiance and joy. He will reward them, for their patience, with a Garden and silk. Lying on sofas. They’ll experience neither extreme heat nor bitter cold. Shade hovering over them, and fruits within easy reach. They’ll be served in crystal-like silver cups. Crystalline silver — they measured them precisely. They’ll have a ginger-flavored drink. From the spring of Salsabeel. Eternal youth will serve them. When you see them, you’ll think they're sprinkled pearls. When you look and look, you'll see an immense blissful kingdom. They’ll wear green silk and satin clothes. They’ll be decorated with silver bracelets. Their Lord will give them pure drinks. “It's your reward. Your efforts are well appreciated.” We revealed the Quran to you gradually. So wait patiently for your Lord’s judgment. And don’t obey the sinner or the ungrateful. And remember the name of your Lord, morning and evening. And prostrate to Him at night, and praise Him throughout the night. As for these: they love the fleeting life, and they leave behind a heavy Day. We created them, and We strengthened their frames. And whenever We will, We’ll replace them with others like them. This is a reminder. So whoever wills, let him take a path to his Lord. But you can’t will it — unless God wills. God is Aware and Wise. He admits into His mercy whom He wills. As for the wrongdoers: He prepared for them a painful punishment. Quran 76
She said, “He’s the one you accuse me of. I tried to seduce him, but he resisted. But if he doesn’t do what I tell him, he will go to prison and be disgraced.” He said, “My Lord, I prefer prison to what they tell me to do. If You hadn’t averted their plans from me, I would’ve yielded to them and acted recklessly.” Then his Lord answered his prayer and averted their plans from him. He's the Listener, the Knower. Quran 12: 32-34
Two young men entered the prison with him. One of them said, “I saw myself pressing wine.” The other said, “I saw myself carrying bread on my head and birds eating from it. Tell us what they mean: we see that you’re a righteous person.” He replied: “I will tell you what they mean before your meal arrives. This is one of the things my Lord taught me. I stayed away from the tradition of people who don’t believe in God and deny the Afterlife.” “I follow the faith of my ancestors: Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The association of anything with God isn't for us. It’s by God's grace towards people and towards us, but most people are ungrateful.” “O my fellow prisoners: are many lords better, or God, the One, the Irresistible?” “You worship besides Him only names, which you and your ancestors named — a practice God never allowed. Authority belongs to God alone. He commanded you to worship Him alone. This is the right religion, but most people don’t know. “My fellow inmates: one of you will pour wine for his master. And the other will be crucified, and birds will peck at his head. The issue you inquired about is resolved.” He asked the one whom he knew would be released: “Tell your master about me.” But Satan made him forget to tell his master about him, so he remained in prison for several years. Quran 12:36-42
The king said: “I see seven fat cows being eaten by seven lean ones, and seven green spikes and others dried up. O elders: tell me about my vision, if you can interpret visions.” They replied: “A jumble of dreams, and we have no experience in interpreting dreams.” After he remembered, the one who was released said, “I can tell you its interpretation, so send me.” “Joseph, O man of truth! Tell us about seven fat cows being eaten by seven lean ones, and seven green spikes and others dried up — so that I return to the people and they know.” He said, “For seven years, you'll plant normally. But whatever you harvest, leave it in its spikes, except a small amount that you eat.” Then seven years of hardship will follow, during which everything you kept for them will be consumed, except the little that you saved. After that, there will be a year of abundant rain, during which people will press. Quran 12:43-49
And when the son of Mary was cited as an example, your people opposed. They said, “Are our gods better, or he?” They cited him only for argument. In fact, they are a quarrelsome people. He was just a servant whom We blessed, and We made him an example for the Children of Israel. Had We willed, We would have made of you angels to be successors on earth. He is a portent of the Hour, so have no doubt about it, and follow Me. This is a straight way. And let not Satan divert you. He is an open enemy to you. When Jesus came with the clarifications, he said, “I have come to you with wisdom, and to clarify for you some of what you differ about. So fear God, and obey me. God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him—this is a straight path.” But the factions differed among themselves. So woe to the wrongdoers from the suffering of a painful Day. Quran 43:57-65
We gave Moses nine clear signs—ask the Children of Israel. When he went to them, Pharaoh said to him, “I think that you, Moses, are bewitched.” He said, “You know that none sent these down except the Lord of the heavens and the earth—eye openers; and I think that you, Pharaoh, are doomed.” He resolved to scare them off the land, but We drowned him, and those with him, altogether. After him, We said to the Children of Israel, “Inhabit the land, and when the promise of the Hereafter arrives, We will bring you all together.” With the truth We sent it down, and with the truth it descended. We sent you only as a bearer of good news and a warner. A Quran which We unfolded gradually, that you may recite to the people over time. And We revealed it in stages. Say, “Believe in it, or do not believe.” Those who were given knowledge before it, when it is recited to them, they fall to their chins, prostrating. And they say, “Glory to our Lord. The promise of our Lord is fulfilled.” And they fall to their chins, weeping, and it adds to their humility. Say, “Call Him God, or call Him the Most Merciful. Whichever name you use, to Him belong the Best Names.” And be neither loud in your prayer, nor silent in it, but follow a course in between. And say, “Praise be to God, who has not begotten a son, nor has He a partner in sovereignty, nor has He an ally out of weakness, and glorify Him constantly.” Quran 17:101-111
Nothing prevents Us from sending miraculous signs, except that the ancients called them lies. We gave Thamood the she-camel, a visible sign, but they mistreated her. We do not send the signs except to instill reverence. We said to you that your Lord encompasses humanity. We did not make the vision We showed you, except as a test for the people, and the tree cursed in the Quran. We frighten them, but that only increases their defiance. When We said to the angels, “Bow down before Adam,” they bowed down, except for Satan. He said, “Shall I bow down before someone You created from mud?” He said, “Do You see this one whom You have honoured more than me? If You reprieve me until the Day of Resurrection, I will bring his descendants under my sway, except for a few.” He said, “Begone! Whoever of them follows you—Hell is your reward, an ample reward.” “And entice whomever of them you can with your voice, and rally against them your cavalry and your infantry, and share with them in wealth and children, and make promises to them.” But Satan promises them nothing but delusion. “As for My devotees, you have no authority over them.” Your Lord is an adequate Guardian. Your Lord is He who propels for you the ships at sea, that you may seek of His bounty. He is towards you Most Merciful. When harm afflicts you at sea, those you pray to vanish, except for Him. But when He saves you to land, you turn away. The human being is ever thankless. Are you confident that He will not cause a track of land to cave in beneath you, or unleash a tornado against you, and then you find no protector? Or are you confident that He will not return you to it once again, and unleash a hurricane against you, and drown you for your ingratitude? Then you will find no helper against Us. We have honoured the Children of Adam, and carried them on land and sea, and provided them with good things, and greatly favoured them over many of those We created. On the Day when We call every people with their leader. Whoever is given his record in his right hand—these will read their record, and they will not be wronged one bit. But whoever is blind in this, he will be blind in the Hereafter, and further astray from the way. They almost lured you away from what We have revealed to you, so that you would invent something else in Our name. In that case, they would have taken you for a friend. Quran 17:59-73
Those they invoke besides God create nothing, but are themselves created. They are dead, not alive; and they do not know when they will be resurrected. Your God is one God. As for those who do not believe in the Hereafter, their hearts are in denial, and they are arrogant. Without a doubt, God knows what they conceal and what they reveal. He does not like the arrogant. Quran: 16:20-23
So glorify the Name of your Great Lord. I swear by the locations of the stars. It is an oath, if you only knew, that is tremendous. It is a noble Quran. In a well-protected Book. None can grasp it except the purified. A revelation from the Lord of the Worlds. Is it this discourse that you take so lightly? And you make it your livelihood to deny it? So when it has reached the throat. As you are looking on. We are nearer to it than you are, but you do not see. If you are not held to account. Then bring it back, if you are truthful. Quran 56:78-79
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. The Reality. What is the Reality? What will make you understand what the Reality is? Thamood and Aad denied the Catastrophe. As for Thamood, they were annihilated by the Overwhelming. And as for Aad; they were annihilated by a furious, roaring wind. He unleashed it upon them for seven nights and eight days, in succession. You could see the people tossed around, as though they were stumps of hollow palm-trees. Can you see any remnant of them? Then Pharaoh came, and those before him, and the Overturned Cities steeped in sin. But they disobeyed the messenger of their Lord, so He seized them with an overpowering grip. When the waters overflowed, We carried you in the cruising ship. To make it a lesson for you—so that retaining ears may retain it. Then, when the Trumpet is sounded a single time. And the earth and the mountains are lifted up, and crushed, with a single crush. On that Day, the Event will come to pass. And the heaven will crack; so on that Day it will be frail. And the angels will be ranged around its borders, while eight will be carrying the Throne of your Lord above them that Day. On that Day you will be exposed, and no secret of yours will remain hidden. As for him who is given his book in his right hand, he will say, “Here, take my book and read it. I knew I would be held accountable.” So he will be in pleasant living. In a lofty Garden. Its pickings are within reach. “Eat and drink merrily for what you did in the days gone by.” But as for him who is given his book in his left hand, he will say, “I wish I was never given my book. And never knew what my account was. If only it was the end. My money cannot avail me. My power has vanished from me.” “Take him and shackle him. Then scorch him in the Blaze. Then in a chain which length is seventy cubits tie him up. For he would not believe in God the Great. Nor would he advocate the feeding of the destitute. So he has no friend here today. And no food except scum. Which only the sinners eat.” Indeed, I swear by what you see. And by what you do not see. It is the speech of a noble messenger. And it is not the speech of a poet—little do you believe. Nor is it the speech of a soothsayer—little do you take heed. It is a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds. Had he falsely attributed some statements to Us. We would have seized him by the right arm. Then slashed his lifeline. And none of you could have restrained Us from him. Surely, it is a message for the righteous. And We know that some of you will reject it. And it is surely a source of grief for the unbelievers. Yet it is the absolute truth. So glorify the name of your Lord, the Magnificent. Quran 69
O you who believe! When you rise to pray, wash your faces and your hands and arms to the elbows, and wipe your heads, and your feet to the ankles. If you had intercourse, then purify yourselves. If you are ill, or travelling, or one of you returns from the toilet, or you had contact with women, and could not find water, then use some clean sand and wipe your faces and hands with it. God does not intend to burden you, but He intends to purify you, and to complete His blessing upon you, that you may be thankful. And Remember God’s blessings upon you, and His covenant which He covenanted with you; when you said, “We hear and we obey.” And remain conscious of God, for God knows what the hearts contain. O you who believe! Be upright to God, witnessing with justice; and let not the hatred of a certain people prevent you from acting justly. Adhere to justice, for that is nearer to piety; and fear God. God is informed of what you do. Quran 5:6-8
Has the story of the two disputants reached you? When they scaled the sanctuary? When they entered upon David, and he was startled by them. They said, “Do not fear. Two disputants; one of us has wronged the other; so judge between us fairly, and do not be biased, and guide us to the straight way.” “This brother of mine has ninety-nine ewes, and I have one ewe, and he said, ‘Entrust it to me,’ and he pressured me with words.” He said, “He has done you wrong by asking your ewe in addition to his ewes. Many partners take advantage of one another, except those who believe and do good deeds, but these are so few.” David realized that We were testing him, so he sought forgiveness from his Lord, and fell down to his knees, and repented. So We forgave him that. And for him is nearness to Us, and a good place of return. “O David, We made you a ruler in the land, so judge between the people with justice, and do not follow desire, lest it diverts you from God’s path. Those who stray from God’s path will have a painful punishment, for having ignored the Day of Account.” Quran 38:21-26
Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a Monotheist, a Muslim. And he was not of the Polytheists. Quran 3:67
And who is better in speech than someone who calls to God, and acts with integrity, and says, “I am of those who submit”? Good and evil are not equal. Repel evil with good, and the person who was your enemy becomes like an intimate friend. But none will attain it except those who persevere, and none will attain it except the very fortunate. When a temptation from the Devil provokes you, seek refuge in God; He is the Hearer, the Knower. Quran 41:33-36
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful. By the sky and at-Tariq. But what will let you know what at-Tariq is? The Piercing Star. There is no soul without a Protector over it. Let man consider what he was created from. He was created from gushing liquid. Issuing from between the backbone and the breastbones. He is certainly able to return him. On the Day when the secrets are disclosed. He will have no strength, and no supporter. By the sky that returns. And the earth that cracks open. It is a Decisive Word. It is no joke. They plot and scheme. But I plot and scheme. Therefore, give the blasphemers respite, a brief respite. Quran 86
O people! A parable is presented, so listen to it: Those you invoke besides God will never create a fly, even if they banded together for that purpose. And if the fly steals anything from them, they cannot recover it from it. Weak are the pursuer and the pursued. Quran 22:73
O you who believe! Fear God, and let every soul consider what it has forwarded for the morrow, and fear God. God is Aware of what you do. And do not be like those who forgot God, so He made them forget themselves. These are the sinners. Quran 59:18-19
God is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The allegory of His light is that of a pillar on which is a lamp. The lamp is within a glass. The glass is like a brilliant planet, fuelled by a blessed tree, an olive tree, neither eastern nor western. Its oil would almost illuminate, even if no fire has touched it. Light upon Light. God guides to His light whomever He wills. God thus cites the parables for the people. God is cognisant of everything. In houses which God has permitted to be raised, and His name is celebrated therein. He is glorified therein, morning and evening. By men who neither trading nor commerce distracts them from God’s remembrance, and from performing the prayers, and from giving alms. They fear a Day when hearts and sights are overturned. God will reward them according to the best of what they did, and He will increase them from His bounty. God provides for whomever He wills without reckoning. As for those who disbelieve, their works are like a mirage in a desert. The thirsty assumes it is to be water. Until, when he has reached it, he finds it to be nothing, but there he finds God, Who settles his account in full. God is swift in reckoning. Or like utter darkness in a vast ocean, covered by waves, above which are waves, above which is fog. Darkness upon darkness. If he brings out his hand, he will hardly see it. He to whom God has not granted a light has no light. Quran 24:35-40
And recall when Moses said to his people, “God commands you to sacrifice a heifer.” They said, “Do you make a mockery of us?” He said, “God forbid that I should be so ignorant.” They said, “Call upon your Lord to show us which one.” He said, “He says she is a heifer, neither too old, nor too young, but in between. So do what you are commanded.” They said, “Call upon your Lord to show us what her color is.” He said, “He says she is a yellow heifer, bright in color, pleasing to the beholders.” They said, “Call upon your Lord to show us which one; the heifers look alike to us; and God willing, we will be guided.” He said, “He says she is a heifer, neither yoked to plow the earth, nor to irrigate the field; sound without blemish.” They said, “Now you have brought the truth.” So they slew her; though they almost did not. And recall when you killed a person, and disputed in the matter; but God was to expose what you were hiding. We said, “Strike him with part of it.” Thus God brings the dead to life; and He shows you His signs, that you may understand. Then after that your hearts hardened. They were as rocks, or even harder. For there are some rocks from which rivers gush out, and others that splinter and water comes out from them, and others that sink in awe of God. God is not unaware of what you do. Do you hope that they will believe in you, when some of them used to hear the Word of God, and then deliberately distort it, even after understanding it? And when they come across those who believe, they say, “We believe,” but when they come together privately, they say, “Will you inform them of what God has disclosed to you, so that they might dispute with you concerning it before your Lord?” Do you not understand? Do they not know that God knows what they conceal and what they reveal? And among them are uneducated who know the Scripture only through hearsay, and they only speculate. So woe to those who write the Scripture with their own hands, and then say, “This is from God,” that they may exchange it for a little price. Woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they earn. And they say, “The Fire will not touch us except for a number of days.” Say, “Have you received a promise from God—God never breaks His promise—or are you saying about God what you do not know?” Indeed, whoever commits misdeeds, and becomes besieged by his iniquities—these are the inmates of the Fire, wherein they will dwell forever. As for those who believe and do righteous deeds—these are the inhabitants of Paradise, wherein they will dwell forever. Quran 2:67-82
Had We sent this Quran down on a mountain, you would have seen it trembling, crumbling in awe of God. These parables We cite for the people, so that they may reflect. He is God. There is no god but He, the Knower of secrets and declarations. He is the Compassionate, the Merciful. He is God; besides Whom there is no god; the Sovereign, the Holy, the Peace-Giver, the Faith-Giver, the Overseer, the Almighty, the Omnipotent, the Overwhelming. Glory be to God, beyond what they associate. Quran 59:21-23
O you who believe! Obey God and His Messenger, and do not turn away from him when you hear. And be not like those who say, “We hear,” when they do not hear. The worst of animals to God are the deaf and dumb—those who do not reason. Had God recognised any good in them, He would have made them hear; and had He made them hear, they would have turned away defiantly. O you who believe! Respond to God and to the Messenger when He calls you to what will revive you. And know that God stands between a man and his heart, and that to Him you will be gathered. And beware of discord which does not afflict the wrongdoers among you exclusively; and know that God is severe in retribution. Quran 8:20-25
He said, “My Lord, how will I have a son, when old age has overtaken me, and my wife is barren?” He said, “Even so, God does whatever He wills.” Quran 3:40
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.
20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and ever